SEC W126 for photo shoot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freelance

Car
1988 Mercedes 260E
I'm looking for a W126 SEC coupe to take part in a Classic Cars magazine photo shoot. Any 1979-91 model is OK, but it needs to be in fairly good condition as it's a studio shoot to illustrate a buyers guide.

The when is some time next week (Aug 11-15), to be agreed, and the studio is by the Motor Museum at Beaulieu. We will of course pay fuel costs, but it makes sense for it to be someone located not too far from the area.

Happy to answer any further questions, either here or on my email: [email protected]

Hope someone can help.

Russ Smith

all i wanted was my petrol money!

thanks IMD but there would be insurance issues etc...

Try Navs ( KLP 92 ) , he might be up for it ...

Not sure that a heavily modded one would be relevant for a buyers guide though?

Jays isn't far off being as modded as Navs ...

Yup, same comment would apply IMO (but Jay had already said he couldn't do it).

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but couldn't miss the chance to try and get hold of Jay's car for a day :devil:

I dont think Nav would be interested either.. he is very very busy at the moment with his career...

that reminds me, i never did get my cheque from practical classics!

Send me an email and I'll give you editor Matt Wright's direct line number. He's a decent chap and I'm sure will sort out your missing cheque.

Russ

ill email him first, thanks for the offer... I think it was Matt Jones I was dealing with though?

By the way, I'm still looking for a car for this photo shoot. Did get one lined up, but he's pulled out due to a back injury. Does no-one want to see their SEC in Classic Cars mag?

If the distance is too much, I am also after another SEC owner for the 'I Bought One' section of the feature. That can be done by email as all I need is a close up pic of you with the car, plus your views on the SEC's appeal, running costs, and any hassles you've had.

If you can help out with either factor, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Russ

Well as it's you again I could split hairs and point out that the SEC was actually launched at the 1981 Frankfurt Auto Show. But '82 is closer than '79 (that silly copied error again) so I won't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom