Second Chance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anothersensor

Car
S Class W220
Hi another newbie here,
I have just acquired /saved my friends S class W220 from the spares or repair adverts. So I thought I'd give it a second chance. My 2003 (Nov 2002) has too many faults to list but the primary faults range from battery drain, esp/abs, misfire to suspension problems. The car has not been serviced for years, filters dating back to 2016 and charcoal filters are dated 2002 !! I am getting there slowly with help from forums so I decided to get help from the experts. Waiting to fit ignition leads, plugs and clean the MAF to see if that cures the misfire. Then it's coils or worse. My friend gave up on the car when the garages could not find the faults on the car and at £30 minimum for a check with no results enough was enough. Basically he spent a fortune getting nowhere. Looking forward to "trying" to resore the car to it's former glory.

I think an icarsoft MB2 or V2 code reader may well be a good investment for you, will allow reading codes and resetting of many.

Maybe the other members can say which one will give you the best service.

Yes STAR is better - but mighty expensive.

suspension (ABC?) is much better understood, and catered for now. Viton valve block rebuild kits are available. (£80ish)
MB do a rebuilt pump around £500.

Esp/abs - always comes up if the battery has been off/flat, but goes out when you drive it.

hope the rebuild goes well :thumb:

Thank you for the warm welcome. Santa was very good to me. He managed to get me a iCarsoftMBV2 ;)
Lots of home work over the festive furlough :D

Hi and welcome 👍

Welcome and thanks for good luck with the project.

There are many experienced people on the forum who will be able to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom