Secondhand Audi parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
A silly question, but my current host's brother in Romania is hunting for a secondhand Audi A6 handbrake for a 2005 car and I have been roped in to help. The scope for confusion is considerable, but anybody know of a reputable source for secondhand parts. A long shot I know.

Not an electronic handbrake I take it - POSSIBLY TOO EARLY ? Best thing would be for the Romanian bloke to send you the A6 VIN number - without that its pretty much " parts roulette" then get on to some of the Audi forums perhaps or some of the "parts search " sites that search numerous breakers inventories. His best and cheapest bet is probably German ebay.de

Last edited:
Fortunately I have the VIN. Unfortunately I have translators in the form of three girls (lovely and charming too) who haven't got a clue what is being sought. Add in me, and the scope for disaster is really huge..

Start HERE and improve your linguistic skills.

I think a 2005 A6 does have the electric ones

I had a 2005 A6 avant which had a manual handbrake.
New model came out that year in uk.
Other countries may have got LHD ones sooner

^ According to the EPC it is a manual handbrake. It's probably the same lever across the whole VAG range, just with a different cover.
Fit a Skoda one, should be more reliable...

^ According to the EPC it is a manual handbrake. It's probably the same lever across the whole VAG range, just with a different cover.
Fit a Skoda one, should be more reliable...

Seem to remember it had a bit of fake wood on top which when the handbrake was down, fake wood merged into the centre console

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom