Secret menu on W211 Audio 50 APS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker218

Car
C257 CLS 2019
Does anyone know if there is a secret menu on the W211 Audio 50 APS. I know there is for the Command and there is lots of info being sold on Ebay to get this information - nothing on Ebay though for my machine! I am really interested in getting my Audio 50 to play MP3 files but I haven't had much luck yet.

Yes, there is a secret menu on the Audio 50 APS, but it,s not posible play MP3 on it.

NOVATOP said:
Yes, there is a secret menu on the Audio 50 APS, but it,s not posible play MP3 on it.

Can you please share the secret menu details with us, in any event? :)

beaker218 said:
Does anyone know if there is a secret menu on the W211 Audio 50 APS. I know there is for the Command and there is lots of info being sold on Ebay to get this information - nothing on Ebay though for my machine! I am really interested in getting my Audio 50 to play MP3 files but I haven't had much luck yet.

The secret menus are being disabled as new software comes out. For instance since people started selling the info on eBay and enabling DVD in motion etc, Mercedes/Teleatlas have removed the feature from about Version 6.1 onwards. I suspect they will do the same for the Version 5's on the W211, SLK, CLS etc if they have not done so already!

murman said:
And yet COMAND backdoor codes are rife on many forums; why not Audio 50?

So go and ask on one of those forums then.

The normal COMAND codes to access diagnostic menu's are easily available. and rightly so. I've even published them myself on this forum. However any publication of an access code that allows the user to enable illegal functions such as TV/DVD in motion is to be prevented for the safety of all road users not just the user!

Sorry mate but you will find the moderators decision is final.

Alfie said:
So go and ask on one of those forums then.

The normal COMAND codes to access diagnostic menu's are easily available. and rightly so. I've even published them myself on this forum. However any publication of an access code that allows the user to enable illegal functions such as TV/DVD in motion is to be prevented for the safety of all road users not just the user!

Sorry mate but you will find the moderators decision is final.

okee dokee... but since audio 50 doesn't have video/dvd capacities, I'm not sure why it's being singled out as being verboten.

Brian WH said:
I'll put it another way.

Not on THIS Forum.

After all , homeland security may be compromised by knowing such information .
How is it that MB can sell a product that in many cases is substandard , and in the case of cars where the suspension collapses after 5 years because of corrosion is down right dangerous , but knowledge of a secret menu results in the death penalty ?

One assumes that you can't prgram the ECU into becoming a firebreathing monster that deploys airbags at will via this "top-secret" menu ? ( or could it be that you can select rust development as either fully automatic , or manual on demand ?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom