Secret Santa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Guys, together with 3 other friends I am doing a secret santa with a value of £50. Seems a lot but we decided that instead of buying each other 3 x £25 pressies we would do one £50 pressie saving £25.

So, if I was going to spend £50 on you, what would you want me to buy you?

All 'clean' ideas very welcome :)

Fudger said:
Guys, together with 3 other friends I am doing a secret santa with a value of £50. Seems a lot but we decided that instead of buying each other 3 x £25 pressies we would do one £50 pressie saving £25. So, if I was going to spend £50 on you, what would you want me to buy you? All 'clean' ideas very welcome :)

This is going to sound super corny , but secret Santa pressies are usually cheap things , because the recipient doesn't tend to want the pressie.

If you were spending that much , I'd much rather you gave the money to a charity , or bought £50 worth if food and took it to a local old peoples home. Take a photo as you hand the food over and pop it in an envelope and give it to me. That would mean more to me than a £50 gift I probably would never use.

Thanks, I like the idea and certainly food for thought!

However, this is not secret santa in the traditional sense of a cheap £5 pressie ;)

In terms of the charity aspect however, we already have a 'giving tree' at work whereby children living under the care of Barnardo's write a card with an idea for a present and we fulfill those wishes.

In fact, as there was so much take up by employees, who were almost fighting over getting one of these cards to fulfill, we are going to extend it further to include other childrens care homes in the area; if we have time of course.

So, putting the charity aspect to one side, no matter how important it is, I still want to know what I should buy you for £50 :)

I'm confused - will this be one £50 present to share amongst 3 mates or did you mean that previously you bought 3 x £25 presents for each person?

Sharing makes it a problem.

I would like these as a gift though @ £44

normal_personalised-speedometer-cufflinks.jpg

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/meandmycar/product/personalised-speedometer-cufflinks

Last edited:
Good point, we used to buy 3 presents each but now we have agreed to buy one present to the person we pulled out of a hat. Therefore, your idea is a good one!

Thanks.

Last edited:
I thought that all this Secret Santa bobbins was for girls only ??

I thought that all this Secret Santa bobbins was for girls only ??

I wish I had not started this thread :fail

Can I delete it please :confused:

:eek:

No it has to stay so that that your shame is on public display for all and sundry! :p

I do feel shamed :doh:

Any chance of redemption if we turn this into a 'What did you do for charity this Christmas time?' thread please :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom