Secret tax adds £200 to cost of running family cars - The Times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good site but it doesnt have the Audi A4 cabriolet 1.8T:eek:

It does, I just looked. :confused:

Search under A4 > 2 con > T. (Or T 163, or whichever model.) T 163 is 206g/km.

that's great, but does it really save you any money? besides I'd guess that the figure on your V5 is the key one .. (does the v5 have co2 output on it? I'd have to check)

No as the cut off is 225 - but I don't like discrepancies :D But I'm taking the log book figure of 250 as the right one.;)

Far worse than that. It is a bungled attempt at RETROSPECVTIVE Stealth Taxation.

Gordon doesn't attempt retrospective -- he does retrospective. And has been doing restrospective for a long time.

He's been doing bungling for quite a while too.

I use a rebreather when diving.... it has a "scrubber" (sp.?) built into it that needs renewing regularly... (from what I'm lead to believe it binds with the Carbon in CO2 to renew your breathing air...)

I'm no suggesting evading the law, but a bit of scrubber stuffed into the exhaust pipe come MOT time might do a thing or two...

I doubt this new rape of the motorist will influence my choice of car.
It WILL influence my choice of government (btw - local elections tomorrow!!)

Whats the secret?

Please correct me if I'm wrong guys but I was looking to the road tax increase on my CLK430 weeks and weeks ago which was annoyingly registered in Sept 2001 and this website made it quite clear what I should expect to pay:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Also I'm sure one forum member elaborated on these figures further by telling us how much we can expect to pay over the next few years.

Is the Times a little behind the times?

Not going political here, but apparently, just by talking/lecturing, the London Mayor candidates have emitted as much CO2 as driving a car 27 miles :eek:
I wonder if everyone stopped talking about the hot air issue of CO2, we'd save a lot more of this so called dangerous gas!

this so called dangerous gas!

I'd say its fairly potent stuff!!! ;) but I've always been an oxygen man myself :D

"Tens of thousands of families will have to pay up to £245 extra a year under new road tax rules after a covert government decision to include cars up to seven years old.

I'm opting out of the tax - as I already run an older car. I'll just keep it longer, much longer if it behaves itself.

But I note that my opt-out cannot last forever. My future choice of car will cost me £x000's more in tax. Since I have a family I will not drive them down the motorway in a flimsy 100g/km CO2 car.

Am I allowed to mention that I'm exercising my vote tomorrow?

why slow to 60? You can slow to 20. save even more fuel.
Like that is the point.
even driving at 10 or even not driving at all will save even more.:rolleyes:

why slow to 60? You can slow to 20. save even more fuel.
Like that is the point.
even driving at 10 or even not driving at all will save even more.:rolleyes:

56mph is optimum isn't it? I'll try that down the high street with a banner on the car explaining that I am saving fuel (regardless of the 4 pedestrians I have reduced to paté)

exactly. people are getting ripped off in taxes left right and centre and a suggestion is to slow down to 60mph.
So when the tax increases to next year, you slow down again to 50.
soon we will all be at -5mph, to save up for the tax rip offs

I use THIS site, it covers all cars 1997 onwards. :)

Edit to add that I'm really glad my merc with 250g/km CO2 was registered in 2000!!

Wow! my W215 is rated at 320! I feel very proud about that as its two fingers to the greens. Helps that the car was registered in 2000 :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom