Secure parking in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (China Town)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I'm quite particular about where I park - so having only visited a couple of times before, I'm appealling for your help!!

Any suggestions for suitable car parks close-ish to Stowell Street (China town) in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and which are open in the evenings?

First priority: Secure.

Second priority: Generous parking spaces.

Third priority: Distance from China town.

Any suggestions?

1st suggestion, if it is a weekend make sure the Toon are not playing at home!
Otherwise there are 2 multi story car parks on Stowell street, and varios others around. I have never had a security problem Round there.
I cant thnk of any 'secure' units though.

Not strictly on topic (or even remotely!) but whenever I park in Chinatown in Manchester (quite rare really) I try to find another couple of black MBs to park next to (not difficult!) and then hang a Chinese trinket from the RVM which a friend of mine from HK gave me. It has the HK flag on it and celebrates the handover of HK back to China in 1997. It makes my car blend in with all the others and gives me an additional feeling of security.

It has not been unusual for non-Chinese cars to be broken into in Chinatown, not by the locals I should add but by scum that know better than to break into or vandalise cars that DO belong to the locals. It's safety in numbers!

Attachments

• handover.jpg
    handover.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 59
I have parked in the multi storey car park which is below The Gate Complex. IIRC its the second car park when you enter Stowell Street (its one way), never had any problems. If the toon are playing it would be much better to find a car park near a metro station than taking the car into the city centre.

Toon playing at home

From what I've seen the Toon have not played, home or away, this season:D

Thanks for the suggestions. Weekday evenings so unlikely to clash with football matches (crossing fingers).

A brisk walk would be no problem, but because I'll be hopping in the car straight afterwards to head back to the Midlands, I'm reluctant to add Metro to an already long journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom