Security Certificate Errors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I keep getting 'Security Certificate Errors' with virtually every site ( except this one, strangely) Even though I have gone into Trusted Sites via Internet Options and listed various websites, these still bring up the same error message. What can I do? Any suggestions will be welcomed.

If you are using internet explorer go to tools , internet options , advanced and click reset down the bottom right

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested but unfortunately I am still getting the 'security certificate errors' message. It is all a bit weird.

Turn off the warnings if they bug you. They are there to tell you if a SSL site is real or not however so I wonder if your browser has been compromised.

A long shot but double check the date on your PC? If its out, the certificates will appear newer than the actual date or v v old?

What browser are you using? I tend to stay away from microcrap internet explorer :) Have used mozzilla since it was launched and have never had any issues :)

As stated above. Make sure your time and date are correct. Especially the year. Sounds silly the wrong year will trigger certificate errors.

defo the date and time, it took me ages to figure that one out, if your date and time keep changing possibly your batter on your board is flat, normally a cr2032

Thanks all. Time and date were the 1st things I checked . I use Internet Explorer (latest version) -browser is not showing any signs of having been compromised. Interestingly the certificate error message shows up on MSN sites but not for this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom