Seems a bargain.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10398&item=4534306294&rd=1

Buy it Now for £500 ??????

How much can a new head possibly be ?

Looks like it would be a lovely car afterward .....

EDIT : perhaps all the w124 owners can club together on here and buy it ? i bagsy the cream leather interior ......

Last edited:
perhaps all the w124 owners can club together on here and buy it ? i bagsy the cream leather interior ......
I think you have a great idea there! Its worth it just for the leather interior! I'd buy it if it only it was grey! :crazy: It looks like its got a phone kit fitted so the centre console will have holes in it.
If anyone else is interested in clubbing together and getting it for bits I'll put some cash in for some bits:
window motors, swithes and associated trim,
the odd bit of external trim,
Bumpers.

Norwich isn't exactly close to me but i'd take trip up there to get some bits.

Obviously it is so cheap that it doesn't really matter, but it does seem a shame to break up a K-plate 124 for a cylinder head. :(

I am a realist so I no doubt guess that it was not an economical repair unless you can source the parts cheaply and put in the labour yourself.

And yes, £500 seems a very fair price for parts. If I had a nice 124 without leather then I would probably pay the £500 for that alone! ;)

Will

Nice car at what seems a reasonable price, BUT.....its a twin cam jobbie. If you were going to restore it I think you would need to spend that much again for another head. Shame really as I would think it would go somewhat :eek:

Ok, still for sale - no ones bought it yet .......

Hypothetically, if no one bids on it and it can be bought for £250 at the last moment , what do we do then gang ?.......... :D

Ian, when you say 'that much again' do you mean another £500 , that still might be worthwhile , a E320 surely would sell for at least £3000 ?

eddie_E said:
No lets buy it as a MB forum parts donor car!

Only problem will be getting it from Norwich, and storing it somewhere .....

Any ideas ?

Only problem will be getting it from Norwich, and storing it somewhere .....
I dont know. There must be a member round there that wants some bits that it can be taken to!
or, all very dodgy, we could go up and tow it somewhere out the way and take off any bits we want then tow the remains to the local scrappy and get £40/ton scrap value (thats if its the same as it is down here).

I spose really tho its not going to happen but shows that there are the perfect donor cars out with just what you need on them that are going for peanuts. Just got to wait for them to come up a bit more locally :(

Howard said:
Ok, still for sale - no ones bought it yet .......

Hypothetically, if no one bids on it and it can be bought for £250 at the last moment , what do we do then gang ?.......... :D

Ian, when you say 'that much again' do you mean another £500 , that still might be worthwhile , a E320 surely would sell for at least £3000 ?

I would be inclined to get it, club together, rebuild it and sell it as a going concern. Split the profits between us and do some modding :D

<edit> if we break it bags i get the interior :cool:

Eddie, your black E200 would look super pimpin' with that cream leather interior !!

Ian B Walker said:
I would be inclined to get it, club together, rebuild it and sell it as a going concern. Split the profits between us and do some modding :D

Me too, its just the logistics of it ...... such a shame though.....

Any ideas how we could get it to Preston ? ;) :rolleyes:

Howard said:
Me too, its just the logistics of it ...... such a shame though.....

Any ideas how we could get it to Preston ? ;) :rolleyes:

I can get a trailer and something to tow it with.

Ian, you know a lot more about this than me , if all that is wrong with it is what he says, how much do you reckon to get it running again ?

Seems such a shame to break it, its not recorded as written off, so a tidy sum could be made ......

If you are interersted in the cream interior for your green E class Ian, i would bid on it at the last minute, steal it for 250/300 quid , tow it to Preston, get your interior, and seel the rest of the bits to people like Eddie and I !!

I dont think the interior would fit mine anyway being its a coupe. And if you have the time and the inclination to go and get it then good luck to you ...#

I shall be watching ........ ;)

Eddie, your black E200 would look super pimpin' with that cream leather interior !!
I know but it would be major work to change out all the grey trim on the roof, doors, dash and carpets and pillers for the cream stuff. I think cream would look better but if i can find grey leather then all i'd need to do is swap the seats and thats it. I'm not exactly unhappy with my cloth seats tho as they are mint but a nice bit of leather can only be good thing.

I would be inclined to get it, club together, rebuild it and sell it as a going concern. Split the profits between us and do some modding
Sorry piss on anyones firework here but the seller is in the trade and know's exactly what he's got. If he could put in £250 to make a few G's then he would. I would guess its not just the head thats letting it down - it'll be riddled with problems from rust to missing/broken parts and just isn't worth spending the amount of cash it needs to bring it up to par. It seems cheap enough but, talking from expereince, after you've added the fuel you'll use to get it, tralier hire and your time and effort working on it it's just not worth it and you'll wonder what the hell you were thinking. But i suppose for you Ian it might work out if you made one good W124 from your green one your breaking and this one but even then i doubt you'd make enough to make it worth while.

I think it says on the ad that he is willing to break it if there's enough interest tho.

Because i'm a slooooooooow typer and only just read the last 2 posts - I think I would like to appologise for my negativity and would like to encourage Ian to get it. that way i can buy some bits off it :D

eddie_E said:
... I would guess its not just the head thats letting it down - it'll be riddled with problems from rust to missing/broken parts and just isn't worth spending the amount of cash it needs to bring it up to par.
I'm no mechanic but if it has a broken cam then surely the valve-train will be damaged too. And maybe pistons. Are all these bits included when the seller says ".. needs a new head"?
I can't help but think that if it really was a simple fix, then the owner would have it put right themselves.

Forum synic

Last edited:
PJH said:
I'm no mechanic but if it has a broken cam then surely the valve-train will be damaged too. And maybe pistons. Are all these bits included when the seller says ".. needs a new head"?

Ian is .......

i've been speaking with him and lets see what he thinks.......

Not for me, but if he's got the time and inclination, maybe a nice car could be made from it, especialy if you have contacts in the trade....

Howard said:
Ian is .......

i've been speaking with him and lets see what he thinks.......
Ok, if we do buy it how many W124 members are going to chip-in ?

O/T Have you seen the sellers other items ? :eek: :devil:

Last edited:
Ha Ha Ha !!! :D

the red velvet knickers are just a tad small for me unfortunately

might have a bid on the Ann Summers Posing thong though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58506&item=6749156582&rd=1

parrot noises indeed - a touch off topic but legendary none the less !!

ps - i think Ian is going to go it alone, do up the engine, and sell off the parts (at great discount ;) ) to ourselves and keep that lovely leather interior for himself !! (greedy LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom