Seen the new Jag advert?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Have you guys seen the TV advert for the new Jaguar?

It's advertising th XJ whatever with standard all wheel drive.

The scene shows a couple driving a car and the shot is out of the windscreen showing a snow covered road. The passenger says, "just stay in it's tracks", as they are following a snowplough. The car is obviously a Merc as the mono-wiper is going.

The next shot is from the snow plough. The line "just stay in it's tracks" is used again, as the shot pans out to shopw the snowplough following the Jaguar.

Cheeky!

MB need to slap them down with some 4Matic action.

Yep :bannana: linky, :bannana:

I've seen the ad. Heh I doubt most of the general public would realise that there was an underhand jibe at MB's expense.

As I recall some jags have a single wiper but they don't reach out like the panoramic MB system but just sweep a simple semicircle.

S.

Some people forget , the only reason that the X type has 4 wheel drive is because in the early days when the 2.0 litre was not avalible , they used the mondeo platform. Which means that its going to be front wheel drive. Being jaguar they had never had a front wheel drive car before, they used the 4x4 drivetrain from the mondeo instead of making it rear wheel drive as the 4x4 modeo already existed.

It was more than likely this that drove them towards the 4wd rather then the whole snow thing.. But , now with the advent of the 2.0 4cyl X type , they have just basically gone for a Mondeo with a fancy body on it ..

RANT OVER.......

I do hate it when marques cheapen themselves.....:devil:

Hmmmmm

Maybe MB should run an ad with the Jag F1 car following the McLaren-Merc...

"Just try to stay in its tracks...."

:bannana:

:rock:

My neighbour has owned a 4x4 Mondeo for many years.

Recently, he has taken to referring to it as "the Jag".

So Jaguar are cheapening themselves whilst Ford are dragging themselves upmarket without even changing anything !

'Course it's at this point I have to say that the first 4x4 performance car was a Jensen FF in 1966. Also fitted with ABS which AUDI forgot to fit to the Quatro for several years.........

My feel is that a Jag is just the old Ghia revamped and badged as Jag its still a Dag dustbin no offence Mark300sl.

Thanks
Ian

In the small amount of snow we had I waw a Jag S-Type get totally stuck, it couldn't make it up the slight gradient coming out of my gym, the rear wheels were just spinning. I managed it fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom