Selenite Grey with Red Leather - Thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Ordered a C43 AMG with Black leather with Red stitching seat option but on further reviewing these seats see that they have used strips of Alantara and also you have to have the Red seat belts and for me its a bit boy racer. Interestingly the Red leather option seats are slightly different in design as there are more ribs down the back and seat which makes it look more comfortable and more importantly no Alcantara!! So at the moment my spec is Selenite Grey with Red leather seat option. Appreciate any views on this especially whether Red leather wears well etc... pity you can't just get good old fashioned Black leather seats and belts without all this jazzing up!!

Don't see why red leather would wear any differently to other colours but from my own experience they will require more routine cleaning than black.

I have red leather seats in my almost ten year old clk and they are almost as good as new.
With the grey bodywork, that will look fantastic.

View attachment 61002

Last edited:
Ordered a C43 AMG with Black leather with Red stitching seat option but on further reviewing these seats see that they have used strips of Alantara and also you have to have the Red seat belts and for me its a bit boy racer. Interestingly the Red leather option seats are slightly different in design as there are more ribs down the back and seat which makes it look more comfortable and more importantly no Alcantara!! So at the moment my spec is Selenite Grey with Red leather seat option. Appreciate any views on this especially whether Red leather wears well etc... pity you can't just get good old fashioned Black leather seats and belts without all this jazzing up!!

Your seats with Alcantara aren't leather - they're Artico I think. I have full leather and they are 'full' leather. I did everything to change the seatbelts from red but absolutely love it.

Run in now :rock:

Grey with red leather is a great choice. Go for it

When I said Alcantara I mean that there's a strip down each side of the back and again each side of the seat in between the Red stitching which isn't leather but a man-made material also the Red leather seats are a different design with more ribbed panels down the whole seat. As for the Red seat belts, there just toooooo much for me!!

I had Bengal Red leather in my Palladium silver slk, looked lovely, and more comfortable than the black leather in my c class, that always felt a bit hard, go for it.

I have ordered a C43 AMG Estate in selenite grey with red leather so I'm hoping it will look good if not I will blame the wife!!

I think the red leather option would look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Flamenco red leather in my Silver E Coupe, would definitely have ordered it myself ( used car purchase) .
Really do like Selenite Grey :thumb:

Had Bengal Red nappa in my SLK55 for 4 years and it looked great even after plenty of roof down motoring.

Always go for red leather on German cars because of the dull, depressing interiors.

Selenite grey with red leather will look great imho.

RR

You seem to be more interested in the black withe red stitching. I have ordered a GLC 43 Coupe in Iridium Silver with black Artico and red stitching. Then I noticed the option of full leather with red stitching and opted for that. Is that an option available on the C Class?

Yes full Black leather with Red stitching is available but it does have small strips down either side of back and seat cushion in Artico and also those Red seat belts which you cannot change for another colour. The seas are also a different design to the Red ones with less ribs down the back and seat so study the brochure pictures carefully as its not just the colour that is different.

That's a great combo, my W205 is Palladium silver with red leather and looks great in my opinion.

I have Bengal red leather with tenorite grey in my e coupe. Leather shows dirt more than black obviously but nowhere near as much as cream leather I had in earlier car.

Your seats with Alcantara aren't leather - they're Artico I think. I have full leather and they are 'full' leather. I did everything to change the seatbelts from red but absolutely love it.

Run in now :rock:

Wrong. Even with the full leather you get narrow strips of Microfibre. The red is all leather though and is more comfy IMO, as there's more padding at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep said the same thing earlier in thread. Glad I changed from the Black anyway as the Red ones -as said above- are much more luxurious in design and no doubt will be much more comfortable. Not sure why Mercedes have different seats in different colours but they do not highlight this but its clear from the configurator pictures. Have never owned a car with Red leather interior but its a darker shade and actually looks classy and different and goes well with the Black Ash wood interior. But as we all know everyone has different ideas and tastes.

Nigel21: Have ordered the same spec when do you collect yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom