Self Catering property advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scumbag

MB Enthusiast
Car
Its German, has a round badge, reminds me of a Mercedes. Satan fuelled
So we have flat in Oban, which we used to let, however now that I can spend some time here, we are planning on making it a self catering apartment so we can block time off when we want to use it.

I have never let the property out for self catering before and have no expertise in this area.

We have a cleaner who does a number of self catering properties and will be happy to hold the key and meet and greet the guests.

The flat is just having a make over, including a kitchen refit and refreshing the paint work, with a hope that it will be ready for accommodation from May.

If any of the members on here have any tit bits of advice, areas to watch for and anything else which would be useful, I would appreciate it.

In your rental details, pass on a list of local shops, address and opening times.

Have a file in the flat with info on local restaurants, pubs, points of interest. And who to call in emergencies.

As a customer that can really help planning collecting food en-route, for the day/evening you arrive.

We have found a guest comments book useful when using holiday rentals - people often recommend good local places to eat, etc
Also useful for guests to have a way of notifying you if anything is broken/needs fixing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom