Self charging hybrid c 300 h

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1221

Car
Mercedes c 300 h AMG line premium + auto
Hi All
I have just purchased a c 300 h AMG line premium + auto, i noticed it did not have a flap on the rear bumper, the sales man said it didnt need charging, is this correct?

C300h is same as mine. Mild hybrid (at best). Not a plug in. Runs on its own electric at VERY low speeds mostly for parking up. And coasting.

Engine fires up upon the slightest demand for power. All in all a pretty pointless Hybrid system.

However, I still love the car. Just keep it in Sports or Sports+ mode. 👍

C300h is same as mine. Mild hybrid (at best). Not a plug in. Runs on its own electric at VERY low speeds mostly for parking up. And coasting.

Engine fires up upon the slightest demand for power. All in all a pretty pointless Hybrid system.

However, I still love the car. Just keep it in Sports or Sports+ mode. 👍
Bit like the Lexus, a glorified Stop-Start system

Seriously? You bought a car and you don't know the tech behind it, Is it petrol or diesel, what did the salesman tell you?
Do you have a handbook with the car?
i pick the car up tomorrow, it is an electric / Diesel, he told me it charges up the battery when i brake

i pick the car up tomorrow, it is an electric / Diesel, he told me it charges up the battery when i brake
I actually went to buy a Jaguar XF R-Sport but i fell in love with the Merc, i know absolutely nothing about it tbh, and not finding much info on the net

Well done Mick you did a leap in the dark,so you bought a merc without knowing too much about great :banana:

Just been on the Mercedes UK site and be blowed if I could find this model, what am I doing wrong please?

I only found both the petrol and diesel C-class hybrids

I would have thought that the answer is in the thread title - Self Charging!!!

I would have thought that the answer is in the thread title - Self Charging!!!
No idea if that answer refers to my question but I am clearly educationally challenged and when logging onto the C-class configure page. I only have three options... 1. Petrol 2. diesel 3. Hybrid

So whilst you might think the answer is in the thread title.... It is not on the C-class configure page.

I am asking purely because I am interested in this feature as I have recently purchased a Mercedes hybrid.

Is this a current model, am I more challenged than I thought?

No idea if that answer refers to my question but I am clearly educationally challenged and when logging onto the C-class configure page. I only have three options... 1. Petrol 2. diesel 3. Hybrid

So whilst you might think the answer is in the thread title.... It is not on the C-class configure page.

I am asking purely because I am interested in this feature as I have recently purchased a Mercedes hybrid.

Is this a current model, am I more challenged than I thought?
I think MB have since dropped this particular model from their line-up John. Mine is 2017. Not sure when they stopped.

As said, it’s a mild hybrid, not full plug-in.

I think MB have since dropped this particular model from their line-up John. Mine is 2017. Not sure when they stopped.

As said, it’s a mild hybrid, not full plug-in.
Thank you for the reply, I guess I was guilty of assuming the author of the thread was buying a new vehicle... My bad. An interesting concept and hopefully you are happy with this type of hybrid as it seems good enough for a formula 1 car :)

The really nice thing about the 'self-charging' hybrids (isn't this a Lexus derived terminology?) is they never runs out of charge. Regenerative braking is great. I can go from 50% charge to 90% just in the 1/2 mile downhill to my house! Brake pads and discs can easily last past 100k miles.
The downside is one cannot pre-condition the car interior, well not in the Lexus. Is it the same with the Mercedes version?

Is it the same with the Mercedes version?
There is a 'Pre-entry' climate function that is activated when you unlock the doors with the Key-fob Peter. This heat/cools the car interior and heated seat on a 5 minute cycle to the last used temp setting. So I think I'm meant to unlock the car from the house so that it's a little pre-heated by the time I get in. Not tried it yet as the car is always in the garage.

There is a 'Pre-entry' climate function that is activated when you unlock the doors with the Key-fob
I like that idea. The Lexus warms really quickly but one must put the car into the Ready state.
I really like the full pre-con version that plug-ins and EVs have. Just set the timer and all defrosted and warm or ventilated and cool ready to drive away. I think this is only when plugged in though..

"I really like the full pre-con"

Yes just like the diesel powered Fuel Burning Heater in many Land Rovers since 2006 or maybe earlier ! It's great, you can set it to run at a predetermined time, or control it from your smartphone.

NJSS

"I really like the full pre-con"

Yes just like the diesel powered Fuel Burning Heater in many Land Rovers since 2006 or maybe earlier ! It's great, you can set it to run at a predetermined time, or control it from your smartphone.

NJSS
My 'stretched limo' has what I think is a fuel burning heater but I bow to those with more knowledge. We can set the timer to anytime we want and the vehicle will be lovely and warm prior to us unlocking the beast but this is waaay off topic :)

My SEAT Alhambra had a diesel burning heater back in the 90s, sounded like Concord taking off! Heated the cabin really quickly though 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom