Self Closing Doors Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasohal

Car
S320 E500 E55
Hi, only yesterday my W220 S-Class' self closing door / boot system stopped working.

Is there a way to reset the system ? A fuse which can be removed and replaced / checked ?

Any help appreciated as always ...

It can be re-set by removing the electrical plug connector from the pump located on the left in the boot behind the carpet. (in a foam case) Leave it unplugged for 10mins. If it starts working after you plug it back in you probably need a new pump.

i would check the fuse first. i have seen many blown before.

I think the fuse is number 62 and its a 20Aand I think its under the rear seat.

thanks guys - checked the fuse it is ok.. interestingly when I removed the fuse and replaced it I could hear hissing from the front passenger seat which had a sensor replaced not long ago.

I guess the garage must have not connected an air pipe of some sort and hence the vacuum is losing its pressure - needless to say it is going back to the garage to get fixed...

I have exactly the same problem with my S430, have your boot lights stopped working also ?
A couple of weeks back I stripped the boot lid cover off and wiggled all the connectors and pulled the fuses related to the boot out. Couldn't find any problems so I put everything back together and the boot soft close worked again .... briefly.
If you find a problem/solution I'd be very interested to hear about it !

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom