Self-Dipping Rear View Mirror CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
The only thing that really annoys me about my car is the lack of a Self-Dipping rear view mirror. Why one was not fitted as standard I do not know, as my old W211 E class had one.:crazy: It is standard on the CLS 500??

Anyway, question is, can one be fitted and what is the cost of this mod?:confused:

My car is due a service in January and I need to consider this as an optional extra on the worksheet, as it is irritating without one on these dark nights.

Last edited:
The only thing that really annoys me about my car is the lack of a Self-Dipping rear view mirror. Why one was not fitted as standard I do not know, as my old W211 E class had one.:crazy: It is standard on the CLS 500??

Anyway, question is, can one be fitted and what is the cost of this mod?:confused:

My car is due a service in January and I need to consider this as an optional extra on the worksheet, as it is irritating without one on these dark nights.

i suspect this is just a case of swapping over. the 12v connection should be there. I swapped this on my W208 CLK and it was a "plug & play" job.

i am sure its standard on 500, 55 AMG etc. Option on everything else.

i suspect this is just a case of swapping over. the 12v connection should be there. I swapped this on my W208 CLK and it was a "plug & play" job.

i am sure its standard on 500, 55 AMG etc. Option on everything else.

I have rear-view mirror and side mirrors - very nice they are too as standard i believe on the C55. I think at one stage i was going to have this mod done on my C200K, so it might be worth sending a PM Alfie at Comand, cause they would have been the ones to do it. In the end i opted for auto folding electric mirrors.

pardon me...but isn't the rear rolling curtain enough? I have OEM curtain in my W124 and really filters alot of the intensity of the high beams pointing in my eyes.
Anyway,I never had a self -dipping mirror before,so maybe I don't know its advantages:).

auto dimming mirror is definatly worth having

Surprised it's not standard on a CLS.

Hmmm...

Agree as some of the others have said, I imagine it would be a very easy retrofit.

Surprised it's not standard on a CLS.

Hmmm...

Agree as some of the others have said, I imagine it would be a very easy retrofit.

No it's not standard.

Adding to the problem, of course is the interior lighting which is on low all the time in darkness. When you dip the rear-view mirror all you can see is the rear interior light reflection. Doh, great idea, no self dip eh?:eek:

Can anyone supply the part number for the Auto dimming rear-view mirror, and cost? When fitted as new code 249 it is £244.69, but that includes drivers exterior mirror dipping too.

No it's not standard.

Adding to the problem, of course is the interior lighting which is on low all the time in darkness. When you dip the rear-view mirror all you can see is the rear interior light reflection. Doh, great idea, no self dip eh?:eek:

Can anyone supply the part number for the Auto dimming rear-view mirror, and cost? When fitted as new code 249 it is £244.69, but that includes drivers exterior mirror dipping too.

remembering that you need to buy the mirror that has the telephone mic's in it and dimming , so if your going to do that you might as well get the one with the garage door opener in it and go the whole hog...

Ive just asked about the mirror from my 211 which is map lights/dimming/phone and ambiance lighting and its £295.55

you might as well get the one with the garage door opener in it and go the whole hog...

I don't want that feature :eek: everyone will see the junk in my garage.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom