Self isolation question.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The New Scientist is always a good source of info-they did a recent podcast on vaccine development.
Podcasts | New Scientist
They also explain why children remain relatively unaffected because their only partly developed immune system cannot muster a cytokine storm which is what kills adults.
Why don't children seem to get very ill from the coronavirus?

And news of new vaccine from Moderna
Coronavirus vaccine trial administers first dose to participant - CNN
Moderna, Inc. | Home

Dont go out - Stupid statement ,, how on earth can you live without food .Delivery from stores are 4 weeks in front so no way to get a delivery to my home .So i have no option but to go out to shop .And i will go out again next week i have no option.

My youngest daughter is deputy manager of a care home and is on duty today. This morning, an elderly patient dropped dead (cause unknown currently) and she has to deal with the situation.
Her own doctor made the visit and after confirming the death got talking to my daughter. In his opinion, and I am guessing there has been correspondence between the Chief Medical Officer and the NHS doctors, we have seen nothing yet and just wait for 2-3 weeks time. He will have to make decisions that will affect whether a patient gets put on a ventilator or not. He believes her care home will probably be empty of patients too, as 2 are confined to their room with the symptoms. It will spread and most likely kill them all (in his opinion).
It's just a matter of time before we are in the same position as France , Spain and Italy and restricted with much of what we can do and where we can go.

Dont go out - Stupid statement ,, how on earth can you live without food .Delivery from stores are 4 weeks in front so no way to get a delivery to my home .So i have no option but to go out to shop .And i will go out again next week i have no option.

Shmbo was in a “Virtual Queue” for Acardo , number 1100 and something. Don’t think home deliveries are going to cut it.
We will be going out as think it will be necessary to survive. Just need to be careful, clean me mits after touching stuff.

As long as “ likely” candidates for Covid stay at home and play the responsible game all may be okay. It will be the irresponsible ones who will cause spread of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shmbo has was in a “Virtual Queue” for Acardo , number 1100 and something. Don’t think home deliveries are going to cut it.
We will be going out as think it will be necessary to survive. Just need to be careful, clean me mits after touching stuff.

As long as “ likely” candidates for Covid stay at home and play the responsible game all may be okay. It will be the irresponsible ones who will cause spread of this.

Waitrose home delivery is a no no at my wifes branch. There is nothing on the shelves to pick for delivery. Selfish and greedy shoppers have gone mad around here.

Waitrose home delivery is a no no at my wifes branch. There is nothing on the shelves to pick for delivery. Selfish and greedy shoppers have gone mad around here.

Same here, currently in Cornwall.
Luckily we brought all the dog food with us so I shall be eyeing that up by Thursday should things stay the same,
pâté anyone [emoji15].

The New Scientist is always a good source of info-they did a recent podcast on vaccine development.
Podcasts | New Scientist
They also explain why children remain relatively unaffected because their only partly developed immune system cannot muster a cytokine storm which is what kills adults.
Why don't children seem to get very ill from the coronavirus?

And news of new vaccine from Moderna
Coronavirus vaccine trial administers first dose to participant - CNN
Moderna, Inc. | Home

New Scientist ---used to be my must buy magazines at airports - most of it was way above me but also had loads of interesting stuff. Part of who I am, challenging myself to learn something new.

The powers that be that telling us all this info - are assembled together at press conferences with journalists sitting together .They are still holding Parliament with over 600 MPs in a room talking about social exclusion.The medical experts are at Select Committee Meetings. Ergo....

What, like the hundreds, maybe a thousand people in Tesco today, a BIG proportion of which were coughing and sneezing. If it weren't for my desire to get out of there absolutely as quick as possible, I felt like I should have asked them just what the flucks they thought they were doing. This is not a minority; I think 25-50% of people will not give one 5#1T about going out and risking infecting others. After all, they might already have it, so why should they be bothered...

What, like the hundreds, maybe a thousand people in Tesco today, a BIG proportion of which were coughing and sneezing. If it weren't for my desire to get out of there absolutely as quick as possible, I felt like I should have asked them just what the flucks they thought they were doing. This is not a minority; I think 25-50% of people will not give one 5#1T about going out and risking infecting others. After all, they might already have it, so why should they be bothered...

Tbh on my travels since this started i have yet i see anyone sneeze or cough.
On your other point , for example St Patricks Day Parade was cancelled - but sadly lots went to surrounding pubs with "Drinks come before Virus" "You still got to go out and enjoy yourself"

The powers that be that telling us all this info - are assembled together at press conferences with journalists sitting together .They are still holding Parliament with over 600 MPs in a room talking about social exclusion.The medical experts are at Select Committee Meetings. Ergo....

Yep - I commented on that to my wife today......I'll err on the side of caution.

You are forgetting that most people are stupid. You cannot argue with a fool or a drunk!

My dog does not have to worry, he will eat us when we die and survive for months.....

But if you issue free condoms, you will reduce the number of idiots born in the future

Not that simple. I was on a MBA course in South Africa when the AIDS epidemic started (80s). Teams (sponsored by the gold mine owners) went out into the countryside to educate rural women that their (gold) miner husbands must use condoms to stop the spread of aids. Back then, men travelled to Jo'burg to work in the mines and lived in massive men only hostels - imagine. Prostitution etc was rampant.

A chap on the (MBA) course was the HR director for one of the biggest gold companies in the world and had initiated the above program. Initially it worked until the men noticed that their women were not getting pregnant......women demanded condoms, men demanded babies, solution ....cut the tip off the condom...outcome was that SA was the most AIDS ravaged country in the world in the 90s and possibly still is....Horse to water......

The solution has to be Darwinian. Only when the stoopid become so stoopid that they forget what their todgers are for will they slowly cease to replicate. By then the dinosaurs will have returned so H.sapiens.sapiens will be extinct.

Not that simple. I was on a MBA course in South Africa when the AIDS epidemic started (80s). Teams (sponsored by the gold mine owners) went out into the countryside to educate rural women that their (gold) miner husbands must use condoms to stop the spread of aids. Back then, men travelled to Jo'burg to work in the mines and lived in massive men only hostels - imagine. Prostitution etc was rampant.

A chap on the (MBA) course was the HR director for one of the biggest gold companies in the world and had initiated the above program. Initially it worked until the men noticed that their women were not getting pregnant......women demanded condoms, men demanded babies, solution ....cut the tip off the condom...outcome was that SA was the most AIDS ravaged country in the world in the 90s and possibly still is....Horse to water......
I was working in SA in the early 80s. Fortunately I was completely unaware of all this.

Had made arrangements to meet up with a friend I have not seen for a couple of years ,as he was staying locally for just one night, and go for a drink. On my way home from work I passed a Morrisons store , car park full, and Lidl , also very busy. Went to a local pub , no customers in the main bar , two in the other bar. Off to another pub four customers in. Wife told me I was taking unnecessary risk. Earlier today she had been to the doctors, the hospital, and Morrisons , and did not want my friend visiting the house "just in case" . Go figure!

I was working in SA in the early 80s. Fortunately I was completely unaware of all this.

The government probably kept it quiet and it was most likely seen (by the Nationalists) as a gay man and black person problem.:(

The AIDS epidemic only kicked in mid-late 80s. I was working for SAB-Miller at the time, on the project management team, building breweries. AIDS was such a big worry back then that SAB cut right back on their expansion programme. Black men and women were their main market with African women being a bigger market than all the whites put together and it was growing exponentially. Undertaking / Funerals became big business in SA!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is also the treatment approach to help people who have already developed symptoms. A drug developed to combat Ebola appears to show promise?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom