Self Storage Units ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
As above people.

Long story short , not moving house (for one with a larger garage ) for around 3 - 4 years when i hope to retire. Planning on getting myself a second car soon as a daily so i am wanting to secure the decent motor in the garage away from prying eyes when we are all working . The problem is that there are a few motorbikes preventing me from doing this.

Options are , sell the bikes - which is not going to happen or store them for a few years until we move and have the garage space to keep them with the car(s)

So , does anyone have any experience of using these storage units - good or bad.

Cheers - K

If storing bikes in a unit they will, at the very least, require you to drain the fuel. Most facilities will not allow them though.

Other than that if you are happy with the level of security then there's nothing to say.

I used a storage place that used standard shipping containers- kept my motorbike and other stuff in it when between houses. Was fine but I did know the guy that ran the place which gave me peace of mind on security etc.

More recently have used one of these Secure Motorcycle Storage Shed, 10ft 11" X 5ft Motorbike Shed - Asgard

Might be worth considering if you have the garden space to install it.

Depending on factors you are savvy enough to figure out - can you suspend them from the ceiling to liberate the floor space you need?

Depending on factors you are savvy enough to figure out - can you suspend them from the ceiling to liberate the floor space you need?

No room to get the car in if there is any more than one bike in the garage , regardless of where it is.

K

Keep the best bike in the sitting room as a work of art.

I'm sure your wife will have no objection...

That was a discussion we had after viewing a property , the garage was small so i mentioned that if we got the house one of the bikes would need to go in the orangery (extension) and surprisingly she agreed.

orangry by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

I considered asking for two bikes on display but i my bits + bobs still attached.

Having said that , it would have toned in well with the kitchen which was a kind of greeny colour.

bike1 by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

Bloody women , you think they would be more reasonable.

K

My sister-in-law has an orangery and gets very huffy if you refer to it as a conservatory. I believe the difference is to do with what they are built with.

My sister-in-law has an orangery and gets very huffy if you refer to it as a conservatory. I believe the difference is to do with what they are built with.

... or how posh someone wants to make their extension sound.

The missus keeps calling it an orangy , i explained that that was the colour of our daughter after a spray tanning session and nothing to do with a posh extension.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom