sell as a whole or sell the parts seperatly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andimids

Car
2001 CLK 230 Kompressor
Hi
Got a 2001 230K clk sitting on the drive as I don't use her. MOT has run out some time ago.
Its got a great engine gearbox and interior but looking tatty all round and I don't want her to get worse over the winter .
She's a solid old bus - but needs lots of little things like brake pads bulbs O2 sensor tyres and a battery charge
Would I get more for her selling the parts or is it best to get rid in one go
its also got a pioneer touch screen apple play hifi unit in - is it best to take that out and just sell the old girl separately
regards
I've just chucked her on Gumtree more in hope than expectation
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mercedes-benz/mercedes-230-clk-/1191400188
any advice would be welcome
Andy

This really depends on what you want?

If you have the time, space, tools and expertise to break a car and package up and ship the parts? Then break it. You will most likely get more money that way.

If you do not have all of the above then sell as a complete car. I would remove the costly aftermarket bits like your radio etc.

Don't forget when breaking. People never buy in the order that you want to break it. If somebody buys the wheels first and you do not have a spare set you are now stuck with lump that you cannot move around.

Silly question but presumably if you break a car you still end up with a fair bit of it left over and end up paying someone to take that away??

Personally I couldn't bring myself to break the car and sell the parts off unless it was otherwise unrepairable.

As above; you'd probably get more money selling the parts, but selling as a whole gets it gone from your drive.

any advice would be welcome
Andy

Nobody is going to pay £600 for a rough old CLK with no MOT, reduce it to £200 and someone might take to it.

These are banger raced now, so there is some demand, but only at the right price.

Decided to take out the hifi and put it my ML - and then try and sell the old girl for about 250 ish - breaks me heart she been a good friend over the years but like me - starting to get a bit too rough round the edges and I don't have the time to do all the bits on it
so anyone want a merc cd player radio?
also got the pop up cup holder from the middle console

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom