Sell it or break it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p1RATE

Car
Pink/Purple 190e
I recently bought a 300e as i wanted the m103 engine for my 190e. the car i bought is a 1988 300e with 205,000 miles on the clock with tax an MOT. what i wasn't expecting when bidding for it was how good the condition of the car would be. It has 33 services stamps 90% main dealer and a folder of recipients about 6 inches thick. the whole car is clean rust free and the leather interior only has a tiny bit of wear. It does have 2 or 3 problems but they can be fixed in a day, the SLS has jacked the back end up, occasionally it doesn't start too well but im sure this is just the OVP relay. I feel bad for breaking such a nice car but i cant see anyone looking twice at it given the mileage. What would you do?

If it is as described then please do not break it ... rather keep it and use it yourself. :thumb:
201s and 124s in good condition are getting rarer and rarer, and I quite hate this progress :(

I have considered it, but I don’t think it could take the place of my jaguar day-to-day and I already have an old merc that I can play with. I have found myself using it a lot because it is a lot of fun to drive and I do love that 6-cylinder engine. I think that’s why I feel guilty, it has a lot of life left in it and it has been very well cared whereas I was after something I could chop up so that I can breathe life back into my 190e

If you can't keep it and it's too good to break it can't do any harm to stick it up for sale somewhere and see if you can move it on for what you paid or a small profit.

Pirate, i was wondering if you are still selling a 190 16v body kit ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom