Sell my c350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matc350

Car
C350 v6 auto 2006
Hi all

I have sadly decided it’s time to sell the silver bullet she is a 2006 4 door c350 v6 Petrol sport edition.
which I have shedded many tears and money on it since owning.
It’s a dream to drive but needs must.
But the difficulty I have is what the hell is it worth.??
I’ve searched high and low since I’ve owned it for any information about it and it’s very scarce.
It’s a great car if anyone does know anything about them, I know they have their issues.... My pocket has realised that lol.

so if anyone here has any advice or could possibly point me in the right direction with her would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Sounds cheap - but depends on mileage condition....and is it in the £580 ved band?

Presuming it all works and has good if not FSH, price will be 'driven' by mileage and condition given its a (slightly thirsty?) 15 year old MB.

What are those factors?

Is it better than SOTW fodder (expect so) but what are the 240's and 320cdis going for as a ballpark?

Sounds cheap - but depends on mileage condition....and is it in the £580 ved band?
Hi smiley
Mileage is 134000
Condition is good.
Unfortunately yes top wack road tax band

Despite being very nice cars (albeit with some issues) the high ved is going to make it difficult to sell. If it was mine and it was running well I think I'd just keep it. Hardly worth selling for a grand.

Presuming it all works and has good if not FSH, price will be 'driven' by mileage and condition given its a (slightly thirsty?) 15 year old MB.

What are those factors?

Is it better than SOTW fodder (expect so) but what are the 240's and 320cdis going for as a ballpark?
All works fine
Mileage 134000
Not full history unfortunately which I know will be her downfall. And mine too
I’ve spent a fair bit of money since I’ve owned it fixing all the little faults these have.

Despite being very nice cars (albeit with some issues) the high ved is going to make it difficult to sell. If it was mine and it was running well I think I'd just keep it. Hardly worth selling for a grand.
My sentiments exactly re tax and selling on.
I ain’t letting it go for a grand, it’s more what it’s worth if I sell her.
I would live to keep her but she just isn’t big or practical enough for me now.

My sentiments exactly re tax and selling on.
I ain’t letting it go for a grand, it’s more what it’s worth if I sell her.
I would live to keep her but she just isn’t big or practical enough for me now.
The problem is.... how can I sell something if I have nothing to compare it with. There is nothing on the www and anything that I do find is very limited.
I know it’s kind of a rare model from what I’ve found.... I can’t just give her away but I know I won’t be quids in after what I’ve spent.

All works fine
Mileage 134000
Not full history unfortunately which I know will be her downfall. And mine too
I’ve spent a fair bit of money since I’ve owned it fixing all the little faults these have.
Thirsty...... haha your not wrong.
But well worth it sometimes

Not entirely looking her best she needs a wash

Attachments

• 8284A1C4-5EE7-4B43-87D2-F89EF5E57013.jpeg
    8284A1C4-5EE7-4B43-87D2-F89EF5E57013.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 14
I don’t understand the problem, there are lots of places to get a good indication of market value (WBAC, dealer websites for example). Whatever you’ve spent on it is largely irrelevant, the issue is that you won’t like what you see but I suspect you already know that! Don’t take this wrongly but have you checked its scrap value? It might be worth more in parts.

If none of the regular sites can even give you a vague indication, how about how much did you pay for it, how much older is it now and how many miles have you put on it, kept up the servicing etc…. Flat line you can assume a standard car will lose about 8% of its original value per annum (more at the start), it flattens out around 12 years old. But this is all variable. The 350 petrol engine is not exactly rare in a saloon or coupe.

If you’re near London it will sell easily. A petrol automatic of that size will be perfect for a lot of people who live/drive into the ulez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom