Sell your Apple shares now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I know Apple polarises, but I have never once had an acceptable experience in Currys, Dixons or PC World, the latter a horror story where the sale of warranties takes precedence over equipment, so imagine my surprise at this.

Vampires being put in charge of blood banks springs to mind...

Warranties were their main profit maker many many years before he even joined Currys... I worked there as a teenager for many years and our commission was heavily weighted towards warranties...

oh my......to me this is like the manager at a Reliant Robin Factory transferring to be a manager at Mercedes Benz.

just imho of course! :D

Jobs is probably spinning in his grave :(

I went to Currys to bur Mrs Ted an iPad just after Christmas.
Knew exactly what I wanted. 16gb, wi-fi only. Had to be white.
Walked in, told the very nice assistant what I wanted, he realised that I knew what I needed and so didn't push the extra warranty or paid Currys cloud backup to strongly (apple's is free up to 5gb)
So far so good. Went to pay and collect.
None in stock. Computer says two.
Can you wait while we check the warehouse? No problem. I would wait forever for Mrs Teds present.
Nope, none in the warehouse.
No problem, have you got a 32gb in white?
Again, computer says two. After five minutes, they can't find it. Could I wait while they look in the warehouse? Yes, no problem.
Again, nothing to be found, but they COULD put one on order as a special favour.
So I drove to Tescos, served by a spotty geek, brought out the right one in under a minute, and I was on my way. No attempt to upsell to added value crap.
Currys?
Meh!!

Again, nothing to be found, but they COULD put one on order as a special favour.

Yes, a special favour it would be from you to them.

You would have been helping them out with their very siht stock control.

I´ll admit that this is not the best of moves for Apple, however after the shabackle of John Scullys reign over Apple, I think it is fair to say that jobs legacy and beliefs will live on in Apple!

Plus they still have Jonathan Ives....everything is going to be fine! . . . . (I hope) :D

Currys never could sort their stock out... It would drive me mad when I worked there... Anything thats under 5 in stock I would never sell until I checked if it was actually there.

You can bet those Ipads were on display in the staff toilets or being tested by the managers kids, or simply funding the warehouse guys substance abuse addiction.

@Jaymanek - have you anymore stories for us? How much stock would you say was "lost" ( ;-) ) in those warehouses?

This is why I prefer to buy products off the net now, it is not worth the hassle of going to the store to be messed around. Plus I have found some staff at these stores to be hugely ill-educated in regards to their own company products. That has to be key! That is why Apple stores are great, the staff know soo much. They are all experts....granted it is easier with only soo many products all of the same brand, but still.....this should be at the heart of the stores policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom