Selling a left hand drive car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kompressor_Dude

Car
CLK350 Sport
Hi all,

I'm after some advice on selling a left hand drive car. It's a lovely Audi A4 convertible with removable hard-top roof and just 39k on the clock.

I'd like to sell it privately but have no idea whether the standard 'stick it on autotrader' approach is best or if there are better places to advertise this sort of thing? Are there European sales sites that would reach a wider audience?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!

Why not stick it on here first and see if anyone takes an interest.

I might even be interested in it myself.

Hard top for an A4. Is this Bespoke? made by wiesman or something?

The Left Hand Drive Place in Basingstoke (Left Hand Drive Place) is often recommended for buyers so I presume they also need to buy in stock and might be worth a try to see if they are interested in yours. No personal knowledge of them. You don't say what age your car is but if the soft top is good and it has an aftermarket hard top such as the Wiesmann version perhaps you should try selling that separately on an Audi forum. If it's an auto then I could be interested too.

Hi,

I've sold a few LHD and RHD cars in Germany and Belgium.

I'd use German Ebay or Mobile.de.

Full warts and all along with quality images and a promise of letting the buyer walk away if they don't like what they see when they arrive.

PM if you want any help.

Cheers,

Paul

Using ebay, and by not even trying, I've sold a Range Rover to an Italian, a Volvo P1800ES to a Belgian and an E39 528i touring to a Pole living in Berlin, they were bizarrely all RHD and got exported, so word it correctly and advertise it as available to countries outside the UK and see how you get on, make sure you emphasise LHD, but with the Euro weakening I suspect it is less attractive than it would have been 18 months ago or so. good luck.

I've never seen an A4 with a hard top and can't imagine why it would even need one (I woned one in 2003), must be rare, try splitting the car and roof.

thanks for your help guys, here's a few pictures of the car and the roof if anyone's interested :)

SDC10471.jpg

SDC10470.jpg

SDC10468.jpg

Used cars sell for much higher prices in the rest of Europe than they do here so it should be well worth the effort to reach the wider market.

Nick:His car has hell of a lot less miles then the one on your post as well as the hardtop

Nick:His car has hell of a lot less miles then the one on your post as well as the hardtop

Nobody's bid on the RHD £500 one, suggesting that trying to get £2k+ for a LHD might be a bit of a stretch.

I'm sure it's a lovely car, but if it's 4 times more than it's sisters, is anyone going to buy it?

I'd also show a picture with the hardtop fitted, unless it looks ugly, in which case it's an academic accessory. On the other hand, the roof alone may get more interest?

Bidding went to £3007.00 in the last auction (wish i'd set the reserve at £3k now!) and is at £2500 with a week to go on the new auction. It's a bloody nice example, hence the price!

Thanks guys :) it does look good with the hard-top fitted... which could probably stay on until it leaves for sunnier climes judging by the weather now too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom