Selling an AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plus just got free AMG breakdown [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice, however, if you do plan on selling it in Apr 17, i'll be very interested. £11.5k is a good price for such an awesome car. Great spec! :)

Bigrichw said:
Plus just got free AMG breakdown [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How?

Through AMG Private Lounge. Just arrived in the post.

Is that the sticker they send out with the AMG line number on it.
Got that myself yesterday funnily enough.
Is it not just an advice line though or do they recover you if you break down?

I talked myself into it, actually it was more Sean on here talked me into it like many others :)

pleased to be of service :)

I miss this so much

5360589990_6afef3b900_b_zpstihy7s0g.jpg

So rather than removing the listing from eBay I've amended the asking price to £84495... Ive been inundated with enquires... Lol

Sod it. Im keeping it. Had such a nice drive today... Cleared my head. Why have cotton when you can have silk...

Good man, its a lovely motor and if you keep on reducing the price it will only end up in the hands of a dealer or someone who will not cherish it as much as someone who wants one of these motors.

Like you know, someone like yourself when you were looking for one... enjoy it.

I've had mine 3 years December and although I've spent a few quid on it and its not been without its headaches and I'll probably be looking to replace it soon with something else, its the best car I've ever owned and will likely to ever own based on pound for pound.

I'm driving around in an 80K + motor that does 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and looks fresh today as it did when it was first brought out over 10 years ago. Its a luxurious limo or an absolute insane animal and leaves most cars for dust.

Old grannies to boy racers comment on how lovely it is and that sound man...

For me it is a true icon of not only the MB range, but AMG itself. And I'm talking historically. The CLS55 will be talked about and be a future classic in the way the older and new 63 never will. Its that engine, that noise from the exhaust, its the whole package.

It is a truly stunning car in every way, in every color too. I absolutely love mine. The day I actually picked it up and it was mine for keeps... I was like a big kid at Christmas. That week leading to handover, I couldn't sleep. I probably spent an hour just walking around it admiring it and drooling!

Alas, I lust something else now. Its juts a matter of finding that right something else for me. I do fancy another AMG I must say and I'm leaning towards another Merc AMG as my next car.

To hijack the thread slightly, what's the opinion on eBay vs. AutoTrader for a "proper" car such as an AMG!? I talk to non-car people and a load of them have no idea you can buy a car on eBay, which just sits weird with me!

AutoTrader has become seriously expensive though (when did that happen!?), so it's really hard to justify almost £60 vs £15 for a month. Would someone looking for an AMG ever not look on both (and PistonHeads) anyway ...?

I looked on all sites to be honest when I was buying recently.
Many dealers advertise on Ebay now. Pistonheads is OK.
Yes Autotrader is expensive ...

Maybe my view is old fashioned but I always look on Autotrader for cars and ebay for other stuff, moving more and more to Amazon now though as the delivery is so good.

Normally eBay was ok for cars if they were older but would not look there for quality

I had no idea Autotrader was expensive

I had forgotten about Pistonheads but I always felt that cars on there were generally owned by private individuals that had a passion for cars as well as a bit of trade

Yeah, agree about PistonHeads. Now that eBay's the same price, seems slightly pointless though. I've got mine on eBay for over a month - lots of interest .. over 2000 views and 40 watchers, but not much bite apart from a few fallback trade offers.

I'm contemplating the relative virtues in my last week on eBay of going for AutoTrader or not for different coverage, or just concentrating on price on eBay! I just can't quite imagine a C55 buyer not knowing eBay sells cars ..! Suppose a "normal" person might be on AutoTrader and fall upon the add with a "Oh my God look at that beast, it must be mine!" type response ;)

Try car and classic.

I put my C32 AMG on car & classic & within days it sold.

There are C32 amg's on E bay (2 from a Merc Indy) that have been on there almost a year! E bay not good for selling cars I guess?

Had no idea C&C was free .. given it a go :) Seems slightly less likely, but you never know!

Considering it's the same cars at the same prices across all platforms, I'd say it doesn't matter where you look to buy a car

I've put mine on a no reserve auction [emoji51]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom