Selling an AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Exactly.. hence why I wondered if anyone else was maybe interested. (Again sorry Alan) [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might just be me but I think your CLS is way more desirable than that C55. It's a nice car and all that but the CLS looks so much more modern.

I agree. The CLS is bloody lovely. He has offered £3500 cash on top!

So makes the C55 about 8k then?

Yep. Its not the type of deal I'm after unfortunately, cause seems like a good deal if I wanted a C55

Worth bearing in mind Rich C55 above £8k are in W211 E55K territory making them even harder to move on...

Yep. Its not the type of deal I'm after unfortunately, cause seems like a good deal if I wanted a C55

No point at all getting a C55 if your selling the CLS because of use Rich. You will still be in the same boat.

And I paid 11k for mine a year ago.

Get him to buy mine. Then he can have two C55s to rent out in order to pay for your CLS ;)

Maybe do what Top Gear did years ago and pop 2 x C55's together. Now that would be a rare beast. With 4wd & 750bhp it should go alright

C55 harder to sell than yours imo.

a lot of people like the sound of them but then realise aC32 is cheaper & quicker not much in Mpg, in fact the 55 might get better mpg.

C55 harder to sell than yours imo.

a lot of people like the sound of them but then realise aC32 is cheaper & quicker not much in Mpg, in fact the 55 might get better mpg.

its not though. Not when there stock.

I have my nice GranSport look 4200 back now & project all finished ready to sell now. If anyone fancies a swap with something interesting depending on what...I might be interested in a swap rather than selling outright separately.

Last edited:
Cheeky pics ;)

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

Last edited:
Will be the cheapest GranSport in the world at less than £15k! Not many below £30k now. Don't tell anyone it is a 4200 that looks like a GranSport though!! It has fooled many many people so far....even people in the trade.

Lovely have you got any videos of how it sounds.

To be honest it is quiet as stock in comparison to most stock AMG's. I have a later almost new 2007/07 4200 that I have had the secondary cats delete & rear box delete as well. Now that is a bit louder and more like it. Both the stock 4200's & GranSports are strangely quiet. Don't get me wrong they still sound great but lacking in a bit of volume. An unsilenced X or H pipe to replace the stock silenced X pipe helps & with rear box mods & secondary cat delete or sports cats that is when it is at it best.

I'll see if I have some videos of either.

Last edited:
I went out in a 4200GT (2003MY) soft top a few weeks ago, i totally concur that for a V8 i found it really quiet, refined should we say:(...the exhaust system had been modified but the current owner found it too loud and reverted back to stock...

Strange semi-auto trans, he told me he did not use as a conventional auto as it wore out the clutch quicker...so used the paddles, but i found the changes a bit jerky, i think he said it always changed down automatically?...still a great car, love Masers:thumb:

To be honest it is quiet as stock in comparison to most stock AMG's. I have a later almost new 2007/07 4200 that I have had the secondary cats delete & rear box delete as well. Now that is a bit louder and more like it. Both the stock 4200's & GranSports are strangely quiet. Don't get me wrong they still sound great but lacking in a bit of volume. An unsilenced X or H pipe to replace the stock silenced X pipe helps & with rear box mods & secondary cat delete or sports cats that is when it is at it best.

I'll see if I have some videos of either.

The single clutch CambioCorsa gearbox is a bit old tech & better at 50%+. Full of character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom