Selling Privately Not much happening!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
My CLK C209 280 AMG Sport coupè well not strictly a AMG without the engine all the same a nice car. Since the arrival of my second son its not getting used .. at all less than 200 miles since sept 16. I've advertised the car on AT its 60k 06 Reg Full MB history. Above average condition for its age. Had a few calls and one tyre kicker who wanted warranty and if there were any issues he could return the car for a full refund! WTF!

I've never had trouble selling cars in the past i have priced the car well imo (£5k).

Is it that particular model all the other MB i have owned sell within a couple of weeks. Its been on just over a month.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Michael

£500 a year tax will put some off. I remember my clk280 sport sold for very little. Had plenty of interest. A year ago I sold mine with a warranty (as I sold the car after only having it for 8 weeks) 07 with 82k and it was perfect. £4400 I think?

£500 a year tax will put some off. I remember my clk280 sport sold for very little. Had plenty of interest. A year ago I sold mine with a warranty (as I sold the car after only having it for 8 weeks) 07 with 82k and it was perfect. £4400 I think?

Thanks for the reply, the tax didn't put me off although my CLS was also in that bracket. I have owned the car since September in honesty it was a knee jerk. I have spent around £1200 on bits and pieces mostly cosmetic. I don't want to PX for something costing 20k as i have no real need for a car just for me at present.

Limited options i guess take a belgrano hit or keep it?

Any input appreciated the ad and pictures on AT. With work 6 days a week, two under two, time and sleep deprivation are taking there toll hence the ad may look a little crap as i did it in 10 mins.

I don't think anything is wrong with the description, it's clear and with enough details.
Photo of a rear view mirror is a bit confusing as is a pillarless door with a lot of grass and 2 nice semis in the background. Crop the later one and delete the mirror one.
If it's of any consolation my Volvo is on AT, eBay and Volvo forum and only one punter called to ask how good is the diesel engine (it's petrol btw). It's in a same tax bracket so maybe that puts people off.

I'm struggling to sell my mint CLK 320 CDI Sport as well. 57 plate, 89k miles, FSH for £5995..

I'm hoping the right buyer will come along soon..

AT not letting me edit pics.. maybe its after so many weeks your stuck. Thanks fir your input. V helpful. I think the second hajd car mkt is a little slow presently esp for the silly tax bracket.

It all seems to essy for the younger generation to walk into a main dealer and strap themselves they want 17 not 06!... at any cost.

I'm struggling to sell my mint CLK 320 CDI Sport as well. 57 plate, 89k miles, FSH for £5995..

I'm hoping the right buyer will come along soon..

I think its a CLK thing.

The CLK is a lovely car but I agree it's got a limited audience as it's an old car now..

The CLK is a lovely car but I agree it's got a limited audience as it's an old car now..

Yep don't see many around

I do love mine tho :bannana:

Got mine for an absolute bargain anyway haha

I'm I correct in thinking your car is right in the M272 suspect engine territory? This might put some buyers who have done their research off unless you can perhaps allay their fears somehow?

I'm I correct in thinking your car is right in the M272 suspect engine territory? This might put some buyers who have done their research off unless you can perhaps allay their fears somehow?

Yes, a good point. The CLS i had fell into the balance shaft territory as does the CLK. That doesn't put me off .if its serviced at the correct intervals. All marques have their potential problems.. you would never buy anything if i thought like that.

The lookers i have come across don't seem informed or have mentioned it. More does it have a stone chip type.

Last edited:
Bummer! It was just In Case it was starting to go scarce - then I'd say keep it.. in fact I'd still say keep it.. think of the smile it puts on your face when you get the chance to be alone .. its like double dating or having a secret affair (Not That I know about that..) but you get my drift..

Bummer! It was just In Case it was starting to go scarce - then I'd say keep it.. in fact I'd still say keep it.. think of the smile it puts on your face when you get the chance to be alone .. its like double dating or having a secret affair (Not That I know about that..) but you get my drift..

Haha. Good thinking. Altbough i have no need for the car i realise after having the CLS i prefer bigger cars. Comfort and all that a 211 or 219 i would keep. The 209 just a tad small but it is a pretty car. The 215 is as cheap as the pillarless look i like .. my only issue is the maintenence. No thanks.

Advert reads fine to me, clearly shows service history which should reassure people. I agree re mirror photo, but that wouldn't put me off if I was in the market for one. It's only a minor point.

It looks to be a good car, If it was me I wouldn't want to 'give it away' for a silly price. Hang on to it, perhaps SORN, if no interest?

£5k too much for any W209 even if it is a nice/minter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom