Selling Privately Not much happening!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ftb said:
Five cars in a year?? Any particular reason or do you just like to change soon?

I think it's more common to change now. I get bored within 8 weeks of owning a car. I know spx is similar to myself in changing.

I can go through 12 cars a year sometimes. Although I've had my cls500 almost a month and I'm still enjoying it.

gunning said:
I think it's more common to change now. I get bored within 8 weeks of owning a car. I know spx is similar to myself in changing. I can go through 12 cars a year sometimes. Although I've had my cls500 almost a month and I'm still enjoying it.
I've driven my Porsche about 3 times in 8 weeks!

Last edited:
Re chopping and changing cars, I get the idea that there are a few people on this forum that 'get bored easily' and therefore change a lot. Personally I think there's a bit of bull there and they just like to chop and change so they can say 'had that, had one of them, blah blah'. I really couldn't be ****d with all the hassle and the chancers/tyre kickers.

The same goes with blokes here who slate people off when they slag off a particular car e.g. a Range Rover. "Have you owned one?" "No" "Well then , you're not allowed to comment then"

So reports, magazines, Honest John and whoever are wrong?

On average I have about three different cars in a twelve month period. Iv had my CLK over 7 months now which is a long time for me...

Darrell said:
Re chopping and changing cars, I get the idea that there are a few people on this forum that 'get bored easily' and therefore change a lot. Personally I think there's a bit of bull there and they just like to chop and change so they can say 'had that, had one of them, blah blah'. I really couldn't be ****d with all the hassle and the chancers/tyre kickers.

I wouldn't call it BS and it's not so I can boast. But I do like to try different cars and I have owned quite a lot of cars. I have some I keep for a long time but my daily drivers I don't keep long.

Five cars in a year?? Any particular reason or do you just like to change soon?

One was mother's old car owned from new a 40k C200k saloon wish i kept that tbh. The C coupè wife she likes to change cars... my bank balance is paying the price.

The CLS was my weekend car i had that 4 years and it was pampered. If it was the 5.5 i definitely would have kept it. The W204 my sisters car she asked me to sell on her behalf as she now lives in Jersey and can buy, the X6 as said a good friend of mine. So i tend to keep cars i gel with 4 years or more.

The CLK is a great car, a looker too, esp with the AMG kit. Just for me it was a knee jerk. It has alot going for it condition, service history on the dot. They seem to attract quite a varied market from your 20 something to the retired gentleman who i have seen 3 times today in his CLK 280 sport wafting around whistable.... maybe your a member on here?

I get bored within 8 weeks of owning a car. I know spx is similar to myself in changing.

I normally own three vehicles at any given point so if I swap each car every three months that (in theory) is one a month but it doesn't always work that way; I've never set out with a set plan about cars - I just buy them and sell them when I've either had enough or I don't like them!

Changing insurance is a pain though as they charge £30 each time to change the car over. They call it an administration fee...easy money if you ask me.

Changing insurance is a pain though as they charge £30 each time to change the car over. They call it an administration fee...easy money if you ask me.

With my current insurer ( last 10 years ) i pais £15 for changes to policy a few times , nothing in thd last few yeaes when amending polices.

Sold. Great buyer. No haggling. 1 day left on auto trader ad so good timing!

Killerhertz a CLK is worth 5k.

It only takes one

Good news ! As they say, "it only takes one" to make a sale.

I'm convinced buyers come out of the woodwork once the Clocks Go Forward, and the Easter Holidays come around.

Private buyers have more time and inclination to get out and spend some money.

And, if they know what they're doing, which most don't, the better light enables them to spot faults and climb all over the car to check it out.

Well done mate, iv not put mine on the Trader yet. Will probably stick it on mid July and just enjoy it until then..

Sold. Great buyer. No haggling. 1 day left on auto trader ad so good timing!

Killerhertz a CLK is worth 5k.

Well done, there will always be a market for genuine and clean cars that have been looked after, glad you found the buyer for it.

Slightly OT but I recently put my L200 on AT and it took theee weeks to get a viewing (it was the cheapest of its kind) and the buyer was as genuine as they come and bought it after a twenty minute test drive remarking that he was amazed how many tatty examples there were around and it was good to find one with its original paint.

Well done, there will always be a market for genuine and clean cars that have been looked after, glad you found the buyer for it.

Slightly OT but I recently put my L200 on AT and it took theee weeks to get a viewing (it was the cheapest of its kind) and the buyer was as genuine as they come and bought it after a twenty minute test drive remarking that he was amazed how many tatty examples there were around and it was good to find one with its original paint.

I had a similar feed back from the guy that looked at the car today. He had seen some real sh!te.

He looked once around the car, started the engine then produced the cash. No bonnet popping didn't' even take much notice of the stamped up and receipted MB service book.

I tbought a little bizzare! So i just online registered the car to him, put my plate on retention, whiped the plates off and off he went!

Good stuff! It just takes one buyer.....the right one:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom