selling shares

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Found a couple of certificates for Sainsbury's today, not a lot - 161 in total.

Who's the best to use for a one of sale ??

depends on whats on the certificates.. they could be bonds?? or held in trust..under a share scheme..

if so, then u have to go through whom ever is the holding broker, otherwise TD Waterhouse is my recommendation!

These are ordinary share certificates going back 9-10years.

I've never sold paper shares, but I gather the going price is £20-25. Sorry I can't help further.

You say you found them. Did you no know you had them? If not then firstly check that you haven't already sold them. Otherwise phone a few Places and ask their rates. Can't see it being much over £25.

Was doing a clear out of old paperwork in one of the filing cabinets, and checked this folder and they were in there with all other associated paperwork from when others were sold. Each time the cert. had to be sent in to sell them, so yes I would say that they haven't been sold.

They are actually the wifes, as part of a yearly bonus scheme that they ran at the time, for employees. Had to be held in trust for x years before becoming tax free. At one point she had about 3000 available and about 500 in trust :thumb::thumb:

These are worth about £600-650. Wife not bothered about them :doh: but I'm for selling them and putting it towards a family holiday :cool:

I use td waterhouse.

So do I, but they are only geared up to trading dematerialised shares, so you will have to open an account and use their Nominee service to transfer them from paper to electronic form.

Takes about two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom