Send Destinations from Google Maps to Comand Navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimbg

Car
2019 W213 Estate
These instructions relate to iPhone and are probably similar for Android phones.
If you are familiar with Google maps then this an easy way to send destinations to the car and avoid Post Codes, Road names, etc.

Find the location area on Google maps

Find location.PNG

Select the place of interest if marked

Select location.PNG

Tap the selected place

Pick location.PNG

Tap the Share icon in the top left ( square box with an arrow pointing up out of it )

Select Mercedes Me from the list displayed

Select app.PNG

Select Send to Car and that is it!

Send to car.PNG

If you want to select a random location such a lay-by or other unmarked location then drop a pin

drop pin.PNG

Select the pin and the rest is the same.

Select pin.PNG

That's interesting. I wonder if it would work for earlier COMAND in a W211?

I just do it straight from the maps in MM and it is fewer steps. Not seeing any advantage.

That's interesting. I wonder if it would work for earlier COMAND in a W211?

It will work only on cars fitted with the KOM Module with the built-in Vodafone 3g/4g data simcard.

MB started fitting this to cars that had COMAND Online from mid-2013, later also to cars that had Audio20.

Without the simcard, Mercedes me cannot connect to the car while the driver is away from the vehicle.

On earlier cars, fitted with COMAND Online NTG4.5 (~2011 onwards), you can send destination from www.here.com, but only from a Windows Web browser (not from a mobile phone), and only if COMAND connects to the Internet via your mobile phone when you are in the car.

I just do it straight from the maps in MM and it is fewer steps. Not seeing any advantage.

I prefer Google maps to the MM maps. Can you do the equivalent of dropping the pin in MM?

I use that a lot to get to a precise point for the start of a walk and the correct entrance to say a country hotel.
Sometimes you are taken to the wrong place.

I prefer Google maps to the MM maps. Can you do the equivalent of dropping the pin in MM?

I use that a lot to get to a precise point for the start of a walk and the correct entrance to say a country hotel.
Sometimes you are taken to the wrong place.
# confused.....Why do I need to drop a pin? I input my destination & start point, get directions, and send to car. Never failed me.

Once I’ve been there once I can find my way again without GPS/satnav.

If you use GMaps for other stuff, fine but for normal A>B navigation I'm not seeing the advantage with what you do.

I also come from the pre-GPS generation and can find my way without a computer. :cool:

Didn’t intend to ruffle your feathers. :)

I am the "North" side of 70 and certainly pre GPS!

I challenge you to drive to a remote part of Dartmoor and find a track without picking the exact location for navigation.
Similarly when in France we go to very remote places and need an EXACT destination along a featureless road.

Can you do that with MM? I also can use this same method in my Range Rover, so it helps to have one

Last edited:
I am the "Northwrong" side of 70 and certainly pre GPS!

I challenge you to drive to a remote part of Dartmoor and find a track without picking the exact location for navigation.
Similarly when in France we go to very remote places and need an EXACT destination along a featureless road.

Can you do that with MM? I also can use this same method in my Range Rover, so it helps to have one
I’m sure your way is better. :cool:

I’ve spent years of my life travelling in remote places (which do not exist in the UK.... whoohoo Dartmoor). Africa, Austraila and in the military etc and can find my way around without a GPS.

I’m sorry if you feel offend that I do not think your solution is the dog’s.

It will probably help some people.

Well done. Good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s the only way to find remote spots!

Try to find one of favourite hotels in MM, “les hauts de Loire”

Google takes you straight to it!

I rest my case! :)

By the way, I am not saying it is better, just a lot easier for the average person to get to places that are not covered by MM.

Try to find one of favourite hotels in MM, “les hauts de Loire”................................

On a day to day basis MM is easier. How many places (that most people go to) are really not covered by MM?

How often would I need to find some really remote and unknown place that MM cannot find?

Sometimes you just have to "Let It Go” (my grandkids love Frozen) and admit defeat. :) ;)

Cèst la vie............

On a day to day basis MM is easier. How many places (that most people go to) are really not covered by MM?

How often would I need to find some really remote and unknown place that MM cannot find?

Sometimes you just have to "Let It Go” (my grandkids love Frozen) and admit defeat. :) ;)

Cèst la vie............

Sure, it is down to where you travel, if you have an address then MM is great.

I live in the country and tend to travel to places that do not have a standard known address and that is where Google maps wins.

MM should have the facility to select a destination from the map and the it would work much better for me.

Apart of course from it's lack of understanding of some of the top hotels in France! :thumb: :wallbash:

Anyway it is out there now for folk to use or not as they wish.

Bon Voyage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom