Send off for my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
I've been absent for so long, more than a few days which is rare for me :eek::eek:

I had to go down to London as I took my friend to get a new car, alas its a BMW but one with a V8 engine :D. The 545i for a 90k mile car was spotless and like new. No real interior wear, just one damaged door seal. The car is obviously immensely powerful and IMHO more spacious than a 211 but not so well riding, and its an SE.

On from London, I blasted up the M40, M6 Toll ( I treated it like a private road ;):ban::ban::ban:) and then onto Coniston to see my mate for a spot of BBQ, camping and twisty road blasting.

He had just bought a Mk5 GTi and WOW. This is a very capable car with really good handling and refined, a real Jekyl (sp) and Hyde. Comfy and refined when it needed to be (6th gear in 30mph-mate referred to it as "granny mode") then full pelt in sports mode. Lovely motor car.

Needless to say it made short work of the Wyrose and Hardknott passes and also the Kirkstone pass.

As my car is being sold on (the new one comes next week pending the DVLA getting my plate transferred onto it). It too was "treated" to the full *** treatment on the Hardknott and Wyrose passes...

Enjoy the pics

545i

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

The Mk5 GTi is a bit special, isn't it? Tell your mate to paint the top-half of the rear bumper (below the plate - black plastic as standard) as it transforms the appearance, somehow. Should have been done as standard.

And a 545 - rare much? :)

ETA - sorry, appear to have jumped in mid-posting :doh:

Last edited:
The Mk5 GTi is a bit special, isn't it? Tell your mate to paint the top-half of the rear bumper (below the plate - black plastic as standard) as it transforms the appearance, somehow. Should have been done as standard.

And a 545 - rare much? :)

Its a lovely car, can see why the press loved it so much. Will pass on the message. he has a remap planned for it ;)

The 545i, well, its a BMW...'nuff said. :rolleyes:

PS uploading vids of passes to photobucket. 400mb, maybe a while :(

Steve

Why have all the photographs after your 'party size for one' barbeque got smoke in them ?

How much farmland did you devastate ?

It's probably because he didn't remove the cardboard tray before lighting.

Steve forgot to take off the cardboard

DSC01158.jpg

Lol....

Yep I forgot to take the carboard off, happens every time....beer gets opened first, then another, then another....then the BBQ gets lit....

I feel like bursting. I won't mention why my 220cdi has more power than other ones, its the "addtitional gas propulsion" I have...

Lol....

Yep I forgot to take the carboard off, happens every time....beer gets opened first, then another, then another....then the BBQ gets lit....

I feel like bursting. I won't mention why my 220cdi has more power than other ones, its the "addtitional gas propulsion" I have...

Does this occur after you've eaten? ;):D

He wasn't in Iceland in April was he?

Yes, just before jetting off to the Gulf of Mexico for a beach BBQ. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom