Send to car on google maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abcan

Car
S212 250CDI 2012
For anyone who has used the 'send to car' function on google maps for older MB sat navs, the function is apparently no longer supported by MB. I've just tried to send my holiday destinations and MB is no longer an option to select.

For those interested the 'send to car' function now works through Here.com.

For those interested the 'send to car' function now works through Here.com.

Is that from the app, or from the website? I can't see an obvious way to do it from the website.

From the website on a desktop . Search the place you want, once it's found a share icon appears below the search bar on the top left of the screen. Click share, then below 'send to car' appears, if you click 'send to car' it brings up a screen where you can choose car from a drop down list, then enter you VIN in the car ID section. Hit send then done.

Will that just send the destination or will it send the route? I've had a couple of recent instances where I've looked at a route on Google Maps to get a picture of a route, then entered the destination in Comand NTG4 and found that Comand takes me a different route!

Thanks - it seems to send just the destination, not the route; I can only see the share icon before I let it calculate a route.

So if I know your car's VIN I can mess-up your COMAND....? :bannana::devil:

Sorry for confusion but it's just a destination you can send, not a route.

markjay said:
So if I know your car's VIN I can mess-up your COMAND....? :bannana::devil:

Haha. I suppose. I'd have to connect the COMAND to the internet and download the destination you've sent first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom