Sending a Petrol roller mower in uk (best way?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

I have a suffolk punch roller mower that is for sale and a buyer very interested but in Scotland (Edinburgh).

I've tried Pallet line and parcels to go but its £70 or so. Mine you I'm guessing the weight?

I thought around £50 as I've sent 4 wheels for that price?

(update just googled it and its 38kg)

Any ideas

Thanks

Last edited:
Yoo'll need to drain it dry of any trace of fuel.

and drain the oil.
Stick a big sticker on saying no oil/fuel do not use without and take a picture for your records - I know from experience :(
I second the shipley.com recommendation.

Fantastic! I was about to start a very similar thread for the V Class interior that I'm selling.
I've stated collection only but there has been loads of interest from people who want me to post it out.

I don't rate Shiply...I tried them a few weeks ago and they pi$$ed me about. They did refund my money quickly though. I'm sticking with wheelcourier. they use DHL and they seem on the ball.

^ Limit on mower of 30kg so I have e-mailed them as mine is 38kg.

Thanks

I wonder How I drain the oil.........

mmmmm

Easy!

Red_Mower_upside_down_2_800x600.sized.jpg

I guess you don't own a Pella pump? Maybe a friendly neighbour has one?

I wouldn't even mention the 8KG difference! It won't be getting weighed by anyone!

Thanks

mmmmm

I don't rate Shiply...I tried them a few weeks ago and they pi$$ed me about. They did refund my money quickly though. I'm sticking with wheelcourier. they use DHL and they seem on the ball.

Sure you used shiply? They are not a courier company. You place an ad on the shiply site and courier companies reply to your ad with quotes and you choose who you use. You can read the courier companies feedback profile before accepting their quote.

Ah yes, that's right. The cheapest quote I got from Shiply was from some random bloke who wanted £75 to do what wheelcourier did for £35. It was www.paisleyfreight.com that pi$$ed me about....but like I say, they refunded me fairly quickly.

There's also parcel2go.com

from what I remember, it's owned by the people who run shiply, but instead of them bidding for your services, you get an instant quote from all the major courier companies...

M.

Run it till all the petrol is used then tip it up to drain the oil. The normal rule of thimb on a mower is that whatever side the oil filler is on is the side you tip it onto (so you dont flood the carb and filter with oil). I've never had a Punch though....(although I've taken a few!)

Oh, totally off topic (well slightly on topic), while looking around regarding shipping/painting/etc my bike's fuel tank, the general consensus was to hook up the car's exhaust pipe to the tank and let the exhaust (which should be inert and warm) run through the tank for a while to dry it out... (after having drained it of course)

No clue if it works, or how dangerous it is... but just a though...

M.

Thanks

mmmmm

How much does the grass box weigh? It might be cheaper to send them seperately....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom