Sending Tax back...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gina2201

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 Quattro Avant S-Line
Car is taxed until end August 2008,and is a 1.8, how much would you get back if you sent the tax back now? Don't suppose they would give you anything for July as it already is July?

Worth doing

Car is taxed until end August 2008,and is a 1.8, how much would you get back if you sent the tax back now? Don't suppose they would give you anything for July as it already is July?

I'm going to cash in my tax which is until end of november at the end of August. I'll then re-tax it for six months, which will take me to end of february 2009, when I'll re tax it for 12 months at the low rate.

1st March is when the £400 car tax come in, so may as well get as much out of the system as I can !

Can anyone see a flaw in my plan ?

CJ

I'm going to cash in my tax which is until end of november at the end of August. I'll then re-tax it for six months, which will take me to end of february 2009, when I'll re tax it for 12 months at the low rate.

1st March is when the £400 car tax come in, so may as well get as much out of the system as I can !

CJ
Only if the PM/Chancellor changes mind and doesn't impose new rates.

CJ

Yep. You'll have paid for the pro rata higher 6 month tax disc and then they'll do a U-turn and scrap the new tax regime :)

Last edited:
Yep. You'll have paid for the pro rata higher 6 month tax disc and then they'll do a U-turn and scrap the new tax regime :)

I can live with that if he does - big engined cars will go back up in price again !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom