Senna The Movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For those who appreciate the history, heritage, and emotion of the Senna film, you might like to also check out the one for the TT races : "Closer to the Edge". I've not seen it, but I've heard very good things said about it.

About 6' 1" I think but no weight stats. Jensen Button is about 5' 10" and 70kgs. I've got another 30kgs on him so it's like having almost half of him again in the cockpit. This takes away streamlining, adds drag and means less ability to distribute weight around the car. Plus my ar*e wouldn't fit in the cockpit opening.:D

My previous company were big sponsors of Mclaren F1. That gave us factory tours and Grand Prix hospitality. I was lucky enough to sit in DC's car on one visit to Wokingham. They let me in it as I am 5' 5". I would decribe it as sitting in the bath with your feet on the taps. Trying to get out was not so easy. I was given a heave under the arms by two of the mechanics.

I have some great pics of Senna's cars. The design rules in F1 also mean that taller drivers are the exception rather than the rule. Mansell famously would not fit in a Mclaren and also used to have to lean his head in the Williams to clear the air box. Webber has had similar issues in the Red Bull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom