Senna

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
RIP

Legend taken 22 years ago today. Crying shame :(

Agree, Remember it like yesterday I was watching the race with my dad.... Sad day!

I was young but I remember my dad and two neighbours out in the street talking about it hours afterwards. There was a sad atmosphere in the air that day :(

Very clear memories. I went karting on the morning of the race - they had Eurosport running on the screens around the kart centre showing race buildup. Raced home to watch the race and was glued to the set all day. Terrible event. As much as I love it I don't think F1 has recovered from his loss or found anyone close to matching his charisma.

Let's not forget Roland Ratzenberger who also lost his life that weekend.

As much as I love it I don't think F1 has recovered from his loss or found anyone close to matching his charisma.

Schumacher - twice the impact.

Sad he died - says more about the attitude to death and safety still at the time. In terms of GP wins I think he is 8 or 9??

Senna was a legend and the master of Monaco such a tragedy that befell him and Roland that weekend.

I agree the sport has never recovered there are not many drivers today of that calibre put Senna in any car even the poor ones and he would sort it out and make it go Michael Schumacher followed a very similar path not many drivers on the current grid are of that ilk but there are one or two

Remember it well - from the era when I was really into F1.

Sad weekend that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom