Sensibly Priced Late W211 E55k AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love that colour! :)

Add keyless, heated rear seats, Linguatronic, transferrable warranty, deduct 23k miles, add a bit of cash... and what's mine is yours. Service at MB next Tuesday. Reg'd Nov 2005.

Sadly mine's not in your favourite colour though, Lee :(

Last edited:
Are you selling yours Tim?

(and that one in the advert has rear heated seats and keyless GO :thumb:)

Oh, yes i see the Keyless now :doh:

Not desperate to sell and not advertised, but would consider letting it go once I've done a couple of little jobs on it (wheel re-lacquer and satnav ariel). Been quietly toying with the idea of downgrading to help fund buying a small river boat :)

Oh, yes i see the Keyless now :doh:

Not desperate to sell and not advertised, but would consider letting it go once I've done a couple of little jobs on it (wheel re-lacquer and satnav ariel). Been quietly toying with the idea of downgrading to help fund buying a small river boat :)

Did I miss the photos Tim - I don't recall ever seeing any :dk:.

There are some in my profile. Don't laugh though, John - I'm no David Bailey... :p

The one in the advert was sold about a year ago, nice late one with some good options, and a unique color ,a nice car for someone

I considered grey wheels for mine but wasn't sure - have to say I'm not keen. I prefer the contrast it seems.

The one in the advert was sold about a year ago, nice late one with some good options, and a unique color ,a nice car for someone

I thought I'd seen it before...

How much are those rear spoilers?

What car would you get next Tim?

What car would you get next Tim?
Got my BM and the Corsa's, so wouldn't be in a rush. But probably old school if the AMG went. No point trying to match it performance-wise on my budget.

3.0 Capri, TVR, old Rover, maybe a Triumph, or an MG. Dunno, John. Something that I won't mind tinkering with.

Didnt bank on enjoying the MB as much as I do. Was meant to go in September, after a year. An itch I'd needed to scratch. Car-wise it ticks every box for me, but Sarah and Matt arent so into cars, so we don't get the same buzz and I feel a bit selfish.

Hoping it will stay, and we'll agree on a rowing boat :)

Got my BM and the Corsa's, so wouldn't be in a rush. But probably old school if the AMG went. No point trying to match it performance-wise on my budget.

3.0 Capri, TVR, old Rover, maybe a Triumph, or an MG. Dunno, John. Something that I won't mind tinkering with.

Didnt bank on enjoying the MB as much as I do. Was meant to go in September, after a year. An itch I'd needed to scratch. Car-wise it ticks every box for me, but Sarah and Matt arent so into cars, so we don't get the same buzz and I feel a bit selfish.

Hoping it will stay, and we'll agree on a rowing boat :)
Pants. That was meant to be a PM :doh:.

Pants. That was meant to be a PM :doh:.

I've just lost a wedge of readies on my C36, but you always cheer me up Tim. :D

If you sell your car, you must promise to stay on this forum. :thumb:

P.S. I've got a kayak in the garage if you want it.:rock:

I look at classics but I'm not sure I'm into them enough to want one. I'm sure driving them is not the same as the nostalgic mindset I have about them (like SD1s, Series II / III Jags, Chargers, Transams etc.).

I get itchy feet with cars - I think about selling mine a lot this only seems to happen with cars. Other times, I happy to keep it as it is a great car.

I've still no idea what would follow it either.

:wallbash:

Matt likes my car because his mates do. Sarah accepts it, as her friends' husbands make it a talking point, and she and will drive it, but is scared of it (she won't even go on the teacups at the fair).

I enjoy it for what it is. Amazing engineering and a barmy hoot. Still makes me laugh out loud.

It was a selfish buy though. Not being particularly wealthy, my toy fund should be aimed at the three of us benefiting. Old car for me and Matt to learn on, a boat for weekends away, or, heaven help me, a camper van (Sarah's idea of an ideal holiday :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom