Sensitive Accelerator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobra7

Car
M5
Have noticed recently, as the weather has got colder/damper, that my accelerator pedal is a little unpredictable - occasionally I go to pull away and it bites a lot earlier, almost causing whiplash to any unsuspecting passenger!! :D

As I say, with the road surface being colder/wet it is resulting in a regular spin of the rear wheels, something i obviously want to stop if possible. It is very noticeable - fine one day and then the next it's like I've buried the pedal but haven't :dk:

Any thoughts..?

Do you drive it like a saint some times and then drive it like you stole on other occasions? If so the adaptive gearbox and throttle response are maybe remembering your last drive;)

Do you drive it like a saint some times and then drive it like you stole on other occasions? If so the adaptive gearbox and throttle response are maybe remembering your last drive;)

Good point but I don't think that's the case - car barely gets above 40 throughout the working week and it still has a tendancy to sometimes bite a lot earlier causing wheel spin. A bit embarrassing in the school car park..!!! :eek:

If it's like the 7g, then driver adaptation is reset to zero on ignition off, so defaults back to "normal" (least sporty).

Are you wearing different footwear now it's colder?(see Ugg boots thread...)

If it's like the 7g, then driver adaptation is reset to zero on ignition off, so defaults back to "normal" (least sporty).

Are you wearing different footwear now it's colder?(see Ugg boots thread...)

Not sure if you are on a wind-up here or not - no, very rarely wear high heels nowadays :cool:

Today's example - turned engine off when popped back home lunchtime. Back to car, pulled out of drive & almost stoved straight into parked car on opposite side of road. Two minutes later, same gas/pressure applied and no throttle response at all.

Something isn't right :(

Not sure if you are on a wind-up here or not - no, very rarely wear high heels nowadays :cool:

Was entirely facetious I'm afraid, but on reflection, I actually have been caught out a few times with pedal feel when switching to thicker-soled footwear.

MOT today and have established it has a Throttle Booster attachment so problem (and it is a problem / crap bit of kit in my view :mad:) solved as will now be removed.

Don't quite understand why anyone would waste their money on this, unless the car is being used on the race circuit :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom