Sensor plug wire help to internal light, does anyone know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A1EK

Car
Mercedes SL 3.7L AMG Speedshift - (Past: CLK 230, 190E, W201, W203)
Hi Guys
I was trying to find a 12v source at my dome light to plug a dash camera into, rather then feed the wire down the side to the dash. Anyway I have done this now and the dash camera is working great.
The problem I have is that when looking at the wires at the dome light, I opened the back of the small square black plug (about 1" in size) that plugs into the temperature sensor, the wires popped out and I am not sure which way the go back !? I now have no heater fan or climate control as I think this sensor is linked to the system.
Looking at the photo orientation, I thought the wire layout was:
Top Left (Near Pin) = Thick cable yellow and black stripe.
Top Right (Near Pin) = Thick brown cable
Bbottom left = Small grey cable
Bottom right = Small brown stripe
Does anyone have a schematic or could possible open their plug cover to tell me if the above is correct?
Also what fues should I check?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Sensor plug.jpg
    Sensor plug.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi Guys
I was trying to find a 12v source at my dome light to plug a dash camera into, rather then feed the wire down the side to the dash. Anyway I have done this now and the dash camera is working great.
The problem I have is that when looking at the wires at the dome light, I opened the back of the small square black plug (about 1" in size) that plugs into the temperature sensor, the wires popped out and I am not sure which way the go back !? I now have no heater fan or climate control as I think this sensor is linked to the system.
Looking at the photo orientation, I thought the wire layout was:
Top Left (Near Pin) = Thick cable yellow and black stripe.
Top Right (Near Pin) = Thick brown cable
Bbottom left = Small grey cable
Bottom right = Small brown stripe
Does anyone have a schematic or could possible open their plug cover to tell me if the above is correct?
Also what fues should I check?
Thanks in advance

Found it was just a popped fuse, problem solved. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom