Sensor problem NOX sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I went ahead and called Mobilo who passed me to the RAC who passed me to a local recovery operator who collected my GLC and (hopefully) took it to the local MB dealer who has the NOx sensor on order for me. I say hopefully because I’ve still had no contact from them (that was Friday, this is Tuesday evening).

I got a text message with a number to call to arrange the hire car. I was swiftly passed to Europcar who promptly delivered to me a 70 plate GLC 220D. None of the extras which my GLC 250D has, but it’s an impressively close match for a courtesy car. At the moment I have it until tomorrow (three working days) and then apparently have to call MB or the dealer to see whether it gets extended or not (and if so, every three days thereafter). Not sure what will happen given the apparent long lead time for the NOx sensors…

Pinch NOX sensor from courtesy car

If the car is financed can you phone finance and tell them to come collect it and terminate

Hi guys! I’m new on this forum but a Mercedes’ lover since a child! I own a w212 FL 220 bluetec AMG night Ed since dec 2018. Was imported from UK with 72000km on the clock. On the service history appears a NOx sensor was changed at 40000km. Last month I brought the car to dealership in Dublin for software update recall. EML was on as well but went off after update. Next day it came on dash again and yesterday I brought the car back to dealership. Diagnosis was free, it showed that both NOx sensors are gone and they said will try to replace them for free (goodwill)! Monday/Tuesday they will come back with an answer!
Alright mate, can I ask which MB dealer you went to? The EML on my 2017 W213 came on so I brought it to a local mechanic. He diagnosed it as a NOx sensor fault and said to bring it to a MB dealer and they might replace it free of charge. I rang Bradys in Castleknock they said they were only replacing newer models free of charge and would charge €190 to run diagnostics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom