Sensotronic Brake System Warranty – Extended To 25 Years!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottieman

Car
Mercedes 2.8cdi W211
Sensotronic Brake System Warranty – Extended To 25 Years In the USA Only
I emailed Mercedes Edinburgh who replied that the 25 year extended warranty on the SBC braking System on W211 Mercedes does not apply in the UK only in the USA.
My question is …..if so many of Mercedes W211 SBC units have failed and are still failing because they are faulty and considered a safety issue, so much so that the warranty in the USA has been extended to 25 years why not In the UK.
Surely if it’s faulty it’s faulty on all W211’s not just those in the USA.
Is it purely that our American friends across the pond are better at Class Actions Legal suits.
Id like to hear from any member who has had recent experience with this issue. Thanks

Replaced the SBC unit on my CLS55 a few weeks ago. Asked about extended warranty. Nope, Sorry!
Don't kow how the Yanks managed to get 25 years. That's longer than the planned lifespan of even a MB.
But hey. You gotta pay to play.

Maybe we should do more class actions ….I’ve tweeted to MBUK asking for the reason why the extended warranty is not available in the UK….no answer so far.
I’d appreciate you guys help in spreading this anomaly on Twitter and Facebook etc thanks

This was 3yrs ago,,
Warranty Letter

A reminder that VW bought back from owners all of the affected Dieselgate cars... but only in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom