SERENITY tonight at 11-15 ITV4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Little known full length movie feature spin off from the short lived FIREFLY television series. Directed by Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, its a strange mix of Space Western, Scifi and Martial arts but works quite well
despite that. Worth a look and gives a good impression of the series. edit should read ITV4
Firefly (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[YOUTUBE]QuEfGbj9qS4[/YOUTUBE]

It is indeed one of my favourite films, but you really need to have watches the series to get the most out of it.

You can pick up the story quickly, but the enjoyment is way less.

I have it on Bluray - it's one of the greatest space dramas ever.

In the category "space western" it's about the only one isn't it?

Mr. Universe: You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

Possibly - apart from STAR TREK : originally conceived as 'Wagon Train set in space' .

However ST had only one wagon - the NCC-1701...

On that note - anyone remember the 2000AD comic strip back in the 80s, based in the future, which had essentially a wagon train of refugees crossing the desolate "Cursed Earth"? Granted, not a movie, but with the dearth of original material coming from Hollywood, only a matter of time...

Firefly - one of the most criminally under-rated TV shows ever, but like Fawlty Towers, its brevity will guarantee its immortality.

Cheers,
Eddie

Cursed Earth is certainly a reference to the Judge Dredd universe (which is a 2000AD franchise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom