Series of E Classes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Taken from a station in the former East Berlin (last remnants of about 1km of Berlin Wall just over the road from here) a series of E class taxis - - 210, 211 and 212! :)

DSC00152.JPG

Now that looks very cool it will be a great shot in thirty odd years time especially.

Future Athena's will be all over you for that He he lol :D:D:D

These are special build taxis , I once worked on a 210 . They have a custom dash with an extra pod to house the meter , also theres a built in CD , panic buttons , roof sign wiring and a lock on the centre consul .

No W124?!

I recall many sights like that in Berlin and Frankfurt when I did business there in the late 90s.

Shame about the Skoda and the B class - standards clearly slipping....

You should have waited a moment until the W124 had cleared through Checkpoint Charlie ( just along the road ) and pulled in behind the W210 :D

No W124?!

I recall many sights like that in Berlin and Frankfurt when I did business there in the late 90s.

Shame about the Skoda and the B class - standards clearly slipping....
Actually, just after I took this photo, 2 124s appeared and then a bit later a 124 estate! The comedy with the 124 estate was the driver drove it up to the taxi rank with the tailgate open and his leg out the door! LOL!!!

:) Good old "Ostbahnhof"..... love Berlin!!
The amazing part about former east Berlin is the similarity with Russian towns! We saw so many building that looked identical to ones we see all over Russia and one particluar block was the absolute replica of one in the town we have out house! Not too suprising I guess, but still a strong surreal feeling as we walked around!

This is the replica of block in Vladimir..

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

Even a Moscow restuarant! :)

b3.JPG

Talking of checkpoint charlie...

b4.JPG

And my fav restaurant.. :)

b5.JPG

Where this was sitting watching me eat... :)

b6.JPG

Guess what!!! I found a pic of the 124 estate at the station! :D The driver was the guy in red and he liked driving with door open and his leg hanging out as well as the tailgate open!

b7.JPG

Last edited:
I recall an incident with a tatty W124 taxi back in 1999. I was staying just off the Ku'dam and was attending a reception in our branch in the Pariser Platz just behind the Brandenburger Tor, opposite the Hotel Adlon. The first taxi in the queue was a tatty old W124 driven by an elderly Turk and the commissionaire (another Turk) at the hotel refused to let me in it, sending the driver off in a stream of curses. I assume he probably hadn't tendered the necessary bribe at the appropriate point!

My first ride in a 212! :D

b8.JPG

Not sure I'd buy taxi spec though.. LOL!

How would you get your beloved 124 coupe out of there????....

b9.JPG

And finally , I'm not sure this exhaust is a good look for this W140....

b10.JPG

How would you get your beloved 124 coupe out of there????....

b9.JPG

More than enough room!

The shortest space I ever got my estate into was 9" longer than the car

Nick Froome

These are special build taxis , I once worked on a 210 . They have a custom dash with an extra pod to house the meter , also theres a built in CD , panic buttons , roof sign wiring and a lock on the centre consul .

Plus special springs, shocks, drive shafts ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom