Serious wallet damaging potential

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spin_bowler

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLC, Tesla MY
In a hotel. Alone. 200 miles from home. Boredom sets in.

I. Must. Be. Strong. Resist...

I love this

I can just imagine the telephone conversation with SWMBO later.

Do it :)

It only needs a bit of fettling:D

Oh go on, she can't give you the death stare over the phone. If I wasn't reviving my like period MB I would have it like a shot.

I'm already preparing my defence, so far I've come up with:
- We've just spent more on a new shed
- The annual family holiday costs about double
- If I buy this then I won't want something stupid as my next daily driver
- It only needs a bit of fettling (thanks gbjeppm)
- It's an investment (we all know that that is b0llocks)

From one former C32 lunatic to another - do it!

At times like this you need to keep a cool level head, and think logically rather than emotionally.
A woman's beauty fades. That will stay beautiful forever.

I hope I have helped you to come to a decision.

My late friend Richard who owned two Bristols, both of which his wife hated (she came from a Chinese background which prized new things) sold them to her on the basis that with the costs of looking after them he couldn't possibly afford a mistress. That might be worth a go alongside Ted's argument.

Yeah. You're not helping Lee. I can hear Terry firing up his calculator as I type.

Big difference between our C32 and this W108 is that when you spend money on that W108 it will help the resale and very likely add value, whereas we might as well have spent the C32's costs on cocaine and hookers!

Big difference between our C32 and this W108 is that when you spend money on that W108 it will help the resale and very likely add value, whereas we might as well have spent the C32's costs on cocaine and hookers!

It's a good point well made.

I can feel the case building, this could hinge on whether I have a third pint of Peroni or not.

A friend of mine had a hooker and cocaine habit (the coke did rather make it all a bit limp in the quantities he snorted, apparently) . Oddly enough, his father owned a similar S class. So it's a very affordable car.

Thats what i keep telling myself with my SEC :D

Apologies for nit-picking, but the M-plate should refer to cars registered cars between August 73 and July 74, as opposed to 1972.

My W114 coupe was manufactured in 1970 but had an L reg plate reflecting when it was registered here, not when it was made.

Last edited:
I'm already preparing my defence, so far I've come up with:
- We've just spent more on a new shed
- The annual family holiday costs about double

You must have some shed and some fantastic holidays is all I can say :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom