Service a-h

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bertrum

Car
2003 E200 w211
Is there a way to find what is involved with each service interval from A-H?

In the service log book the service intervals are listed from 1 to 15 but not letters.

My car is a E200 2003 Thanks

The letters do not mean much at all.

Its all depends on what its had done before, age and mileage. The service book will explain all.

Thanks for all the reply's. Problem is I don't know what has been done before. I only just bought this car 2003 Mercedes-Benz E200 W211 Kompressor Elegance 97500mil and the log book isn't very complete with all service records. I know there was other service ie oil changes done as there are stickers on door post that were not recorded in log book.

It is Ireland reg so that site (The_Don) won't work for me unless I find the exact car with UK reg.

A-H indicates the car's idea of duration of service labour time. The numbers 1-15 are the actual service items (see below). You can access the list of what the car believes needs doing via the cluster (maybe not on the earliest W211s?). The dealers use A and B for minor / major service.

You don't need registration for the ESS site The_Don provided, just registration date.

Service items:

Code:
1 =  check brake pads and disks
2 =  (every 2 years/30k km) check trailer hitch
3 =  (every 2 years/60k km) check poly v belt
     replace compressor poly v-belt
     replace air cleaner insert
     turn air filter element by 180 degrees (only on 1st service 3)
4 =  every 60k km / 2 years
     option 580 aircon - change filter
5 =  every 60k km / 2 years
     option 581 aircon - change all 3 filters
6 =  every 2 years
     bodywork check
     underside check
     replace brake fluid
7 =  every 5 years
     clean sunroof mech
8 =  every 3 years
     clean panaramic roof mech
9 =  every 80k km / 4 years
     air cleaner insert (most engines), fuel filter, spark plugs on engine 271
10 = every 100k km / 4 years
     spark plugs on engine 112/113/272
11 = every 120k / 4 years
     replace air cleaner insert engine 646/647/648
12 = every 250k / 15 years
     fuel filter (engines 112/113/271/272)
     replace coolant
20 = 60000 km
     transfer case oil change on 4 matic
     auto transmission oil and filter change
13 = at each service
     engine oil and filter change
14 = brake fluid level, washer fluid level, check engine hood latch, lots of interior checks, horn, wipers, etc etc, check tyres, trunk lighting, battery
15 = same as 14 + check all visible parts for leaks,
     check power steering,
     replace spark plugs on engine 271 and fuel filter on engine 646 with code 921 (operation with Rape seed oil !!)
     or VOME (vegetable oil methyl ester)
     check wheels and brakes, and all body work and lights and couplings etc

The letters are time - a = 0-1 hr, b = 1-2 hrs etc. More items required in the service, more time, bigger letter.

As above, in reality they mean nothing unless you get everything done at a main dealer!

I would start with doing everything. Plugs, oil, air, gearbox, brake fluid and coolant. Then you know it's all up to date.

It gets slightly more confusing because A and B are also a type of service, you'll alternate between these each time and then it's plus the time/mileage related bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom