Service A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paneraiseeker

Wifes E class is 12 months old with 10k miles on the clock and it's advising for its 1st service in X amount of days.

Thought it was not due till 15k? so I'm I correct in assuming that I can leave it for a few k more miles until I take it for a service.

New models are on a fixed 12 months or 15k miles, whichever comes first. In your case the 12 months..

There's usually a +1k miles or 1 month tolerance

I tend to ignore Assyst as we do low mileage, plus I can't understand why more modern engines (and using fully synth oil) require service every 12 months/15k miles when my 2001 S203 c270 was evey 2 years/15k miles (and we do not do 15k miles in 2 years let alone 1!). All that happens is the "Service Due" message when you turn the ignition on reads "Service ... overdue by ... days", press OK on the left steering wheel button and the message disappears until next time you turn the ignition on!

Yes.

^+1

paneraiseeker said:
Wifes E class is 12 months old with 10k miles on the clock and it's advising for its 1st service in X amount of days. Thought it was not due till 15k? so I'm I correct in assuming that I can leave it for a few k more miles until I take it for a service.

Needs a service as per the cars on screen display.

I tend to ignore Assyst as we do low mileage, plus I can't understand why more modern engines (and using fully synth oil) require service every 12 months/15k miles when my 2001 S203 c270 was evey 2 years/15k miles...

Warranty/resale issues aside it would be OK to extended oil change intervals to 2 years provided the car is not used for short runs. To get the oil hot you need a minimum of 10 miles. With that sort of use the correct spec oil is designed to last 15000 miles.

Oil is cheap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom