Service "AK"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmao2k

Car
C350 CDI
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me as to what an "AK" service involves please? I can't find any information for this and if its going to be something expensive then at least I can allocate the funds for it.

The car is a C350 2010 diesel on 151K.

IMG_20180815_160921.jpg

Thanks,

Well lets look at the worst it can be,as you know the MB services are given letters and so it would seem your car needs every service from A to K,possible cost around £2000 :rolleyes:

We don't see A/B + another letter very often but when we do it usually means it needs everything! We had a B 'F' recently and it needed every service extra available as it had been skipped on previous services. Send me your reg and I'll take a look at DSB for you

Natacha

We don't see A/B + another letter very often but when we do it usually means it needs everything! We had a B 'F' recently and it needed every service extra available as it had been skipped on previous services. Send me your reg and I'll take a look at DSB for you

Natacha
Cheers. Although I am unable me to send any messages didn't t low post count. Can you PM please and I'll see what f you can reply to that?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cheers. Although I am unable me to send any messages didn't t low post count. Can you PM please and I'll see what f you can reply to that?

Wont let me sadly! Message me on our facebook page :) Prestige Car Service, hope that's ok to post in here?!

Wont let me sadly! Message me on our facebook page :) Prestige Car Service, hope that's ok to post in here?!
Done, thanks is again

Ok, so it had a B (which should include pollen filter) + air + Fuel filter at its last service at 147477 so wont need those again next time. What is odd is that 'Automatic Transmission' has been ticked in the 'Oil' section (which is where you enter which oils you have used) but not in the 'Replaced/Renewed' list. It would be worth a call to the garage that did it to clarify if they did the gearbox oil or not, may just be that they forgot to tick it but it can be amended by them on DSB.

Brake fluid (every two years) done in 2017 so will be due 2019.

So, by my calculations you will be looking at an A service + brake fluid if your service is done in 2019. I cant see the transmission oil being changed anywhere apart from possibly on the service from this year. Definitely worth checking through invoices to see if that was done or not, if it wasn't then it will need it :) apart from that, the service history is super!

you have to go in and 'tell' the car that its had air/fuel etc, if you don't then the car thinks it needs everything, hence having a meltdown and throwing the 'K' onto the dash. Hope that helps.

Natacha

Ok, so it had a B (which should include pollen filter) + air + Fuel filter at its last service at 147477 so wont need those again next time. What is odd is that 'Automatic Transmission' has been ticked in the 'Oil' section (which is where you enter which oils you have used) but not in the 'Replaced/Renewed' list. It would be worth a call to the garage that did it to clarify if they did the gearbox oil or not, may just be that they forgot to tick it but it can be amended by them on DSB.

Brake fluid (every two years) done in 2017 so will be due 2019.

So, by my calculations you will be looking at an A service + brake fluid if your service is done in 2019. I cant see the transmission oil being changed anywhere apart from possibly on the service from this year. Definitely worth checking through invoices to see if that was done or not, if it wasn't then it will need it :) apart from that, the service history is super!

you have to go in and 'tell' the car that its had air/fuel etc, if you don't then the car thinks it needs everything, hence having a meltdown and throwing the 'K' onto the dash. Hope that helps.

Natacha
Brilliant, I will have a look through the last invoice as I am sure the transmission oil was changed and then give the garage a nudge to update things.

Thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom