Service and warranty options for someone covering high mileage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jabrielraja

Car
C class
Picking up my (2012) ML W166 in a couple of weeks.

It's got a full MB service history from new all carried out by MB Watford and has a 1 year warranty.

I will be covering approximately 25k miles PA, 90% of which will be motorway miles.

The current mileage is in the region of 64k miles. The last service was an 'A' service. Luckily, the gearbox was also changed at the last service (63k miles).

So the questions I need help with are not uncommon but would like your thoughts bearing in mind the number of miles I cover annually and the fact that this is my daily car used for commuting to work.

1. Do I take a service package? It'll cover me for 3 services (B,A,B) at £61.5pcm.

2. What does it usually cost for a A and B service?

3. Do I take an extended warranty now, in the future or don't bother with the warranty.

4. Whats the best warranty to get for someone covering high miles in a 6 year old car, albeit a car that will have been well looked after. (I thought most warranties will cease at 100k miles or once the car is 10 years old, whichever is sooner.)

For me personally, it harder working out what to do with the warranty than the servicing as I accept it costs a lot to keep a car like this on the road and cover a lot of miles.

I use the car to get to and from work so need to know if something does go wrong, it will be fixed without having to worry about the cost etc. (Especially with the airmatic suspension.)

Your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom