Service asst

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

I've noticed my service indicator (the one that counts down in days) doesn't go down day by day I.E one day it will say 280 next day 275? Is this normal I'm new to Mercedes so not sure.

Thanks

Mines been saying service in 20 days for the last week and half

I maybe wrong but it works it out with mileage and time mine said service due 2000 miles then a couple of weeks later said 30days, so I expect if you do a week or so with lots of miles and if you continued that mileage every week it would bring the time down and list it in days and not miles

Depends on driving style, distance covered, start stop journeys, etc.
So it doesn't just count down as such

Up to 2006, the service schedule was flexible and low mileage cars only needed service every 18 months or so.

From 2007, the service alert will pop up every 12 months even if the mileage is low.

This change was done to help fleet managers better manage service schedules.

It often goes down in 5 day increments so sometimes it won't change but on the 5th day go down 5 days

Mine goes down by a day at a time BUT, for some reason, the first time you start the car it says whatever the number of days was the last time you drove it and doesn't give the correct reading until the second time that day so it can look like it's dropping by odd amounts if you don't happen to notice each time.

Mine went down by 5 days today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom