Service B Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrianlobont

Car
E-Class 350 CDI Sport Edition 265 Bhp
Hi all,
Just had my service B done today at Mercedes-Benz Orpington.
It is possible to have service B done without the air filters to be changed ?
On the service sheet is only stated oil + filters change, nothing about air filters, I think this was service no:8, the car is having 113600 miles on the clock.
Thank You,

Yes, it's normally every 4 years, so every other B. However, it does depend on mileage.

Mercedes serviced mine and didn't check or change the air filters when i looked at them over the Christmas break they were really really aweful so done them myself.

It was the same story with the spark plugs Merc didn't check them either, when i did i had 3 x NGK and 3 x Bosch ...... now all NGK.

Switched from using MB dealers to Indi with my last E class and was delighted as they seemed to have been over the car with a fine tooth comb on it's first visit. Now my 10 year old ML is just about to to make a visit for a service and am confident that not only do I pay less but that they actually test drive it before and after the work is done then tell me if there is any upcoming work needing to be done.

^ The biggest problem is finding an indy nearby that you are confident and happy to use. One you trust to do the required servicing and not skip any items.
I travel 40 miles each way to my indy and know that others drive a lot further.
I do have one closer, but looking at the fancy workshop and receptionist that has to be paid for I'm happy to continue to use my current one.

^ Even more reason for using a good indy you trust once the car is out of warranty.

Totally agree, once my car is out of it's service plan i'll be either doing it myself or finding a good indy if i want the book stamped .... IF i decide to keep it that is.

I only took the service plan out because it need the ATF change and also i took out and extended warranty which requires manufacturer servicing.

I just purchased another car,(Previous written off)it passed the MOT but,as the book showed service done as late 2016 I changed all the tyres,fitter recommended I re`place the rear brake pads,with that in mind,ordered 5 Lts + of full Syn engine oil,then change, air and oil filters,problem with rear seat belt holder,so that's re`placed.

Can anyone recommend a good Indy in SE18 London or not very far away so I can use next time.
Thinking no to renew my service plan.

Switched from using MB dealers to Indi with my last E class and was delighted as they seemed to have been over the car with a fine tooth comb on it's first visit. Now my 10 year old ML is just about to to make a visit for a service and am confident that not only do I pay less but that they actually test drive it before and after the work is done then tell me if there is any upcoming work needing to be done.

Who do you use?

I use Continental Cars in Cardiff, 75 miles away from me. Just booked an A service and MOT in a months time. My wife is happy as it means a days shopping while the work is done, probably means the cost of the work will be doubled, especially as 150 miles round trip, but am still happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom