Service Book Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adrohan

Car
A200
Hi Folks,

Newbie here and I am looking for assistance. I looked at a really nice A200 today and I was with my car savvy mate who asked the dealer for the service history. He did not have it and mentioned it would be available from MB as it's electronic. The cars previous owner doesn't actually have one as it was owned by MB financial.

Is there a way we can find the service history out if we don't know the previous owner/garage etc. The car is a 2015 September reg with 27k miles. I have completed a HPI analysis and they was perfect. The service history is essential for me as I will never get the re sale value again.

Greatly appreciated and apologies if I have posted this in he wrong place.

Ado

It's possible to add the car to Mercedes Me website and then you can see service history. You may need VIN number for that. Also seller should make more effort and get print out from Mercedes.

Tell him if he wants to sell it he delivers the service history! If not walk away

Yup, that's the only option really. Cheers.

Given the state of the car market at the moment am sure there are other good cars out there

Mercedes will email a full history on proof of ownership - it was done in a day, even for my 2006 A200.

The dealer should have no problem getting that for you.

Mercedes will email a full history on proof of ownership - it was done in a day, even for my 2006 A200.

Obviously that's only for services done by an MB dealer :)

My experience was simply silence when I asked if they could do that for my CLK. - They were very polite in the showroom and gave me an address to email... but that's as far as it went.

So very dealer dependant I'd guess.

If you have a local friendly Indie (perhaps who you advise "when I buy a MB you'll be doing the maintenance") they should be able to get a print out from the MB system. Every time my Indie services my car I gat a full service history print out and clearely they don't own the car...

Obviously that's only for services done by an MB dealer :)

Ah, yes ... a minor detail I forgot to mention ha ha

My experience was simply silence when I asked if they could do that for my CLK. - They were very polite in the showroom and gave me an address to email... but that's as far as it went.

So very dealer dependant I'd guess.

Just to be clear - I got it from the MB head office, not the dealer. It was in addition to the traditional service book which showed a full MB service history.

Ah ha! - Maybe that's where I went wrong.

I just drove in to Mercedes-Benz of Stoke, walked up to the desk and asked if they could give me the official MB service history for my car.

I've got the log book, and selected invoices for various things; I just wanted to see if there was anything that wasn't captured in all of that. - That's why I didn't make a fuss and follow it up.

I recently contacted my local dealership (which is normally less than useless on the service dept) and spoke t a guy on the parts dept, where I am a regular customer, explained to him I had just purchased a car privately (a MB W169 A Class) from approx 300 miles away but I knew it had a full MB history and would he be so kind to pint me in the right direction to get a copy.
The guy could't have been more helpful, told me to leave it with him and within 2 days it had been posted out to my home address, all FOC!

So I would say, definitely worth a visit to your local dealership, it's very straightforward to do, just depends on whether or not they can be bothered to do it for you.

Tell him if he wants to sell it he delivers the service history! If not walk away

This for sure.

How many times has a dealer said, don't worry about this that and the other piece of paper, we'll post that to you, and it never arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom