Service Book no longer supplied?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbsilver

Car
Nissan QQ
I picked up my new C Class this week but only noticed that I don’t have a service book?

I wondered if this is now done electronically and if so how do I see it?

Or have not been given one?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about this too

Been electronic for 6 years or so at least :)

You should get a print out of your service record after each service, showing all previous services as well for Mobilo life verification if you break down.

Many thanks for your replies
Well it kind of makes sense but I am sure it is to ensure people only use MB? Or can non MB garages also update it?

Yes, good Mercedes independent garages can update your records.

'Good' means they have to have a deal with, or have bought software from, Mercedes?

Good means they will have the required Xentry/STAR online subscription to connect with the database. Also means they are using bonafide software and not a static copy.

You always get a print out after service anyway. Or buy a Mercedes service book off eBay and get your garage to stamp it.

I just kept the print outs all in a file with other receipts, done this for every car I've owned, helps selling if you've got a wad of history :)

Well according to MB Head office uk, they don’t do them anymore
But can get print outs
Potentially this is a good thing means service history can almost be guaranteed?

Register for Mercedes Me the Mercedes website, and from there you van view the digital service records.

Sadly this is an 'unsupported' feature.... it does not work for me, and neither the dealer nor the Mercedes Connect help line as help.

To be fair, both tried very hard to resolve the issue - the dealer re-issued the SecCode etc. - but ultimately if it does not work then neither have any further access to the system to diagnose the issue, nor is there anyone else at MB who can be approached for support about this (official response from MB customer services).

Not the end of the world, obvoiusly... and I do have a printout. But it would have been nice if it did work, or alternatively if MB provided end-user support for this feature.

Rant over.

My 08 Merc had a printout, no service book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom